FN Browning Hi Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@SoonerP226, I'd like to figure out a way translate the above into today's dollars and compare manufacturing methods of now vs then at the same time. I think I've seen in several places that it costs less than $100 to make a Glock; which then sells new for say...$525 on sale. I just wonder what it would cost Hk to start making the P7 again?
There are inflation calculators that will tell you that, but I don't recall the exact prices or dates that he stated. That increase in price was, IIRC, over a few years, but the per year increases were on the order of $100 or so.

I think this is the video where he describes the price increases, but I don't have the time to rewatch it at the moment to confirm it.

FWIW, I would love to have a PSP; I've long thought the heel release P7 was a nearly ideal carry gun. Closest I came was a K13 in .32ACP, which was a sweet little shooter, and one of a few that I wish I had back.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice. The FEG Hi Power clones are underappreciated, but they are fine weapons. I once had a P9M that was as accurate and reliable as any of the many Browning H-Ps I have owned over the years. The SFS system is also underrated, though it is undoubtedly more popular now than when FN built them into factory guns (2003-2004). These days I doubt I'd carry a Hi Power of any sort without the SFS system.

Why not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the SFS system, one does not have to worry about the bobbed hammer getting caught on one's concealing garment
(I always carry concealed). The spur hammer on some BHPs can get caught up in the concealing garment when attempting to draw the weapon. That said, I carried BHPs for some years before I got my first SFS-equipped model, and I really like the SFS concept.

Last edited:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend in Houston who has owned a Browning for years, and he swears that it is both reliable and accurate. He constantly tries to get me to buy one, but I'm more focused on obtaining a new rifle...

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend in Houston who has owned a Browning for years, and he swears that it is both reliable and accurate. He constantly tries to get me to buy one, but I'm more focused on obtaining a new rifle...

Well keep that focus going after the rifle then work on the HP , you will thank your self later!

I am focusing on a CZ75 at the moment thanks to @coolhandluke !:cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom