Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice pic. I use my Manix more than any other knife for EDC type tasks.

I've never carried and knife or light until just recently. I never realized how often I was searching for scissors or a car key to open things or how often I used my cell phone light to navigate in the dark. Now I never leave the house with out at least a good knife and quality light.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 31095Benchmade 940 Osborne plain edge reverse tanto with green anodized 6061-T6 aluminum handles, I've EDC this knife for about 4 years its the best EDC there is in my opinion I've got lots of spiderco knives that I like and buck and sog and there OK but the 940 Osbourn is fast drawing opening and closing, stays sharp along time, i have abused this knife and would buy another in a heart beat.
love the 940. got mine about 10 years ago, and carried it for several years, still do from time to time. folders have been mostly replaced with fixed blades, though.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one is on it's way from Hawaii.

I really wish I had waited. Right now I've got a guy offering me a Carbon Fiber large 21 for $20 more than I paid for this one. I really wanted a CF one as opposed to a Ti one, but this one was the right price and I was tired of missing all of those CF deals (folks tend to snap them up right off the bat on BF).

[Broken External Image]

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be selling that Ti Sebenza soon. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that Carbon Fiber Large 21, so I guess ultimately I should have waited.

GetInline.aspx

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy packed the Sebbie in the box with only a couple of pieces of paper-towel around the knife and Sebenzas come with a Hex-tool taped to the lid. So, that's right (you guessed it) it got a nice scratch on it (which sucks since I was catching / releasing this one in lieu of my CF one on the way). This wouldn't bother me at all if I was keeping this one, but it takes a good $20+ worth of value off of the knife for those who want a LNIB (which makes the deal I got on my CF 21 a little less sweet).

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_DSCN9806_zpsc1ec07bf.jpg

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_DSCN9805_zpsa91762f9.jpg

[Broken External Image]

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_DSCN9803_zpsbc3234bd.jpg

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_DSCN9798_zps78e02d58.jpg

i70.photobucket.com_albums_i91_rawatkins_Knives_DSCN9795_zpse3bd5c4f.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK - sold the Ti Sebbie and got the Carbon Fiber large Sebenza 21 in-hand. This thing might actually be my grail knife. It's making me seriously re-consider a lot of the other knives I own. It is beautiful, perfectly engineered/manufactured, and the large Sebenzas seem to have something the small Sebenzas don't have (I've only owned smalls before this).

This thing is stupid-light and super-compact for all the blade you get. I've never appreciated how tight the tolerances in the Sebenza are until I paid top-dollar for a production folder and ended up with things like improper fit of stand-offs, pins, uneven grind, rough pivot, etc...

I'll have to take pics in a bit. Right now, it's done very little other than cut stuff and go back into my pocket. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom