Folding knife suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bladehq.com has an orange handled 0350 in that price range if you setup an account on their site.
That's a good deal.

Kershawguy.com has ZT blems - a 0200 or a 0550 Blem would fit the bill nicely. For Benchmade, the Adamas, Contego, and Rift are beasts, the 710 is a classic and the Torrent are nice as well, and the Griptilian is always a classic.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My current focus is a small med kit that I can attach to my camelbak that I carry everything. Unfortunately I have no idea where I should even start with as far as a med kit goes. I also need a really nice multi t replace the one that was stolen.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a place / person that can put a wicked edge on my Spyderco Manix2 XL and my ParaMilitary when it comes in? Both are made from s30v steel and I'm sure both are fairly sharp out of the box but neither are shave your arm sharp.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a place / person that can put a wicked edge on my Spyderco Manix2 XL and my ParaMilitary when it comes in? Both are made from s30v steel and I'm sure both are fairly sharp out of the box but neither are shave your arm sharp.

If you're going to own multiple knives, you might as well learn to sharpen them yourself :) Get a cheap kitchen knife and practice on whatever setup you choose. Just remember - light strokes and more time/patience - if you get tired/bored stop for a sec and go do something else and then come back to finish sharpening.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're going to own multiple knives, you might as well learn to sharpen them yourself :) Get a cheap kitchen knife and practice on whatever setup you choose. Just remember - light strokes and more time/patience - if you get tired/bored stop for a sec and go do something else and then come back to finish sharpening.

any recommendations for a sharpener that will work on the s30V steel?

OKWalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
any recommendations for a sharpener that will work on the s30V steel?

I use the Spyderco Sharpmaker. It is adequate for S30V steel, especially if you maintain your edge well. If the edge is damaged or very dull it would take a while to get it back in shape.

I bought a set of diamond blades and the extra fine stones.

One of these days I may pony up the cash for a Wicked Edge. Maybe.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpgBenchmade 940 Osborne plain edge reverse tanto with green anodized 6061-T6 aluminum handles, I've EDC this knife for about 4 years its the best EDC there is in my opinion I've got lots of spiderco knives that I like and buck and sog and there OK but the 940 Osbourn is fast drawing opening and closing, stays sharp along time, i have abused this knife and would buy another in a heart beat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom