Fur Season Photo Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that deer gun season is over and things are slowing down a little how about a predator photo contest? I talked to Dennis and got the green light to do this so let's get started!

Submit as many pics as you want in this thread starting December 10th(today) through the end of February. Pics need to be from this fur season and please no gore shots. After the close of fur season 2 winners will be picked by DennisHoddy and whoever else he has as a judge. Winners will receive a token prize by me in March. This contest is for fun so get your pics in soon!
Trapping pics will be allowed. If I forgot anything I'm sure someone will let me know.

Good Luck!!!!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well let's start with this morning just before sunrise.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20141210_063751_zpsyiwsvtgd.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any particular criteria you're looking for in a winning picture, or just whatever y'all decide is a cool pic?

Okie, already cheatin...

The quality of the photo will be #1 in determining the winner according to the judges. Sharpness, the pose, etc.

1. Lighting
2. The pose
3. Composition (for instance, framed by shrubs, fencing, etc)
4. Original ideas of additional subjects along with the predator.

I will not be a judge. The judges are members of this forum, and wish to remain anonymous.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everybody get their comments in here so everybody is happy. In a couple of days we will finalize everything, I'll clean up the thread for the photo's to pile up. :D

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like to submit the picture of the coon that unscrewed a 20" auger stake and stole my DP. Unfortunately, that thieving sucker has yet to be seen. :finger:

I'm thinking human? I've never lost one and only use 16" stakes made of 1/2 or 3/8 rebar for coons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom