Fur Season Photo Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of 03-07-2015 the judge has the pics. Probably next week before he gets to look at them and forwards his report. I'll get it posted.

The Judging for the Fur Season photo contest has been completed!

We tried to get this done as non-biased as possible. The judge is a semi-professional photographer that is not a member of OSA, but was recommended by a member because of his expertise in wild life photography.

The judge said he would be more than happy to Judge this again next season, so take the comments as a learning tool, and we will do this again. :D

Method of Judging

All photos saved to separate folder on computer with Post # and Image # (if applicable) as the only identifier, therefore, there was nothing to identify a photo to a forum username when judging.

Double elimination with all photos, meaning that each photo was evaluated and judged twice before final elimination.

Only Dennishoddy photos were specifically removed without judging because he chose to eliminate himself from the competition.

First Place: Post 49, Image 1 - Handlebar
Most unique pose of the animal - minimum distractions meant attention seemed to be given equally to both the animal and rifle - low angle of image puts viewer at same level as animal - good colors and contrast

Second Place: Post 104, Image 1 - the-outdoorsman
Good contrast of colors and also a low angel of image. While the animal was not posed, it still draws one's attention - red coloring of branch draws a line to the animal, drawing one's attention there

Honorable Mention: Post 44, Image 1 - thaHooligan
Good pose of animal, making it seem to be running - nice placement of cat's feet at the bow - while no coloring to speak of, the lack of distractions in the image highlights the cat and the bow

Last edited by a moderator:

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to the winners! If you can send me a pm with your address and phone number and I will get your prize sent out.
Thanks for everyone that submitted their pics. It was fun so I think we should do it again next year. Maybe a fishing photo contest?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to the winners! If you can send me a pm with your address and phone number and I will get your prize sent out.
Thanks for everyone that submitted their pics. It was fun so I think we should do it again next year. Maybe a fishing photo contest?

I'll have to check with the judge to see if that person would be interested in a fishing photo contest.

farmertarp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_03_19_568612ddb05981620425f21fa3ea8b28.jpg

NOT MY PICTURE! but thought this was an odd catch, had to share for other trappers

Latest posts

Top Bottom