Game cam pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dates, Open Areas & Zone Limits

Open areas are private lands in Caddo, Comanche and Kiowa counties (Southwest Zone) and Adair, Cherokee, Delaware, Mayes, Muskogee and Sequoyah counties (Northeast Zone).

Southwest Zone / Granite Hills Area – Private lands west of State Highway 115.
One elk limit.

Archery (legal bull or antlerless elk): Oct. 5-9 and Dec. 14-18, 2013

Gun (legal bull or antlerless elk):Oct. 10-13 and Dec. 19-22, 2013

Southwest Zone / Slick Hills Area – Private lands east of State Highway 115
Two elk limit, one of which must be antlerless.

Archery (legal bull or antlerless elk):Oct. 5-9 and Dec. 14-18, 2013

Gun (legal bull or antlerless elk):Oct. 10-13 and Dec. 19-22, 2013

Gun (antlerless elk only):Nov. 23-Dec. 8, 2013, and Jan. 1-31, 2014

Northeast Zone – Private lands only.
One elk limit, any elk regardless of sex, age, or antler points.

Archery (either sex): Oct. 1, 2013-Jan. 15, 2014

Youth Gun (either sex): Oct. 18-20, 2013

(Same age requirements as youth deer gun season, see Deer.)

Muzzleloader (either sex): Oct. 26-Nov. 3, 2013

Gun (either sex): Nov. 23-Dec. 8, 2013

copied and pasted from here. http://www.eregulations.com/oklahoma/hunting/elk/

far as I am concerned I live in Mayes county and have 150acres there. its where all my cattle run. Its all flat with little to no trees. and have land in Cherokee county. I have not seen an elk on my land but they are in Cherokee county. I have 200acres in Cherokee county that is where I hunt. I have seen everything on it except elk. Y

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also I own my land so it is private land correct? Seems like the online regs say I can shoot me an elk on my property.

so if I see one I sure will let ya know how legal and good he/she is to eat.

Maybe a good read of the Oklahoma regulations would be in order for some. Spouting off may lead to a foot in your mouth.

not trying to sound like an a$$ but really guys look over the regs they are there and they change every year. I don't want to see anyone make a mistake and land themselves in trouble over a law that got changed from last season or seasons past.

4wheelphil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said before, I could be wrong, and I was wrong on my assumption. And to be quite honest you are coming off as an ass as far as I'm concerned but thats my opinion. I for one never said you absolutely could not shoot an elk in Ok. But i was told by the game warden that this elk could not be shot legally. That was obviously a true statement according to your post of the regulations. I did say that I did not find the info and could be wrong. It was my understanding that we could not shoot one. I'm glad you found the link and posted it, you have probably educated a lot of people on this matter. Now, as far as the spouting off at the mouth comment, I will assume you was not talking about me.
Anyways enjoy the pic

Last edited:

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said before, I could be wrong, and I was wrong on my assumption. And to be quite honest you are coming off as an ass as far as I'm concerned but thats my option. I for one never said you absolutely could not shoot an elk in Ok. But i was told by the game warden that this elk could not be shot legally. That was obviously a true statement according to your post of the regulations. I did say that I did not find the info and could be wrong. It was my understanding that we could not shoot one. I'm glad you found the link and posted it, you have probably educated a lot of people on this matter. Now, as far as the spouting off at the mouth comment, I will assume you was not talking about me.
Anyways enjoy the pic

no it was for Justin and both his comments. mainly the second of maybe I should shoot the elk and see how legal it is. I know you said that you didn't know about the rules when you posted. again not for you and I tend to be an a$$ but that's who I am. So no big deal. Mainly hope some learn something from this. now lets go back to seeing some game cam pics.

4wheelphil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, let's get back to the pics.
image.jpg image.jpg

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah those are some nice deer 4wheelphil. I would say what ever you got going on out there where these are taken keep up the good work. Those are some nice quality bucks IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom