Garand Kaboom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ouch! I'm guessing that was an OOB incident - Looked like she might have released the bolt a bit too far forward? Also, were they shooting steel-cased ammo? The spent cases looked like silver.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. What if you can't hear - would you feel any difference in the recoil with a squib round? Any other indications besides the sound and the lack of a visual impact downrange (assuming you're shooting at something that reacts visually, like a hanging steel target or a paper target with a gravel / dirt backstop)?

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a squib but if you close to your target you may not hear the crack of the round. I can't say for recoil, the local gunsmith was showing me a revolver a guy brought it that had a squib, then he stacked 6 more shots into it before it wouldn't spin the cylinder. Goes to prove some people just arnt very attentive, the funniest part is he had to reload

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hmm. What if you can't hear - would you feel any difference in the recoil with a squib round? Any other indications besides the sound and the lack of a visual impact downrange (assuming you're shooting at something that reacts visually, like a hanging steel target or a paper target with a gravel / dirt backstop)?

You would feel a very noticable difference in recoil impulse with a squib load, or as we called it in the US Army "pop no kick". If you watch the vid on the last round before the kaboom, you'll see her clear an empty that only partially cleared the chamber. That should have been a big hint for her to stop shooting an inspect the bore, not to continue shooting!

Latest posts

Top Bottom