Gasoline prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was $2.19 at Walmart/Murphy last night.

I read that somebody has pontificated a 75% chance that the oil export ban will get lifted sometime this fall. That will provide some help as to jobs. I'm hearing rumors of some new drilling, but it won't help gas prices.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.newson6.com/story/30205212/gas-prices-rise-across-green-country

"Maintenance" If it wasn't "maintenance" they always seem to break down this time of year.

I've worked at the Conoco refinery in the past, and spent my entire working life in plants that do maintenance. Every refinery, power plant, chemical plant, etc have maintenance scheduled years in advance. There are emergency periods when something fails, but it gets fixed pretty quick, and life goes on.

I've never seen the price of pharmaceuticals, Bleach or electricity go up in price when their plants get into their maintenance schedule. Yeah, I know oil is priced on the world market, but Maintenance at a plant has no bearing on supply per say.
I drive by the refinery tank farm almost every day, and look at the levels of refined gasoline. Even when they scream shortage, the majority of the tanks are full. They plan ahead for scheduled maintenance.
The refinery in coffyville Ks was flooded out years ago causing a regional spike in gasoline prices. The OKC news outlets were reporting on the flood as the reason for the higher prices.

When the truth came out, that refinery has not produced one drop of gasoline in 10 years prior to the flood, prices quickly dropped. They refine oil to make grease.

Somebody needs to "splain" this.

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left BA today looking at gas at 2.29. I filled up in Springdale AR for 1.99.

I've been scratching my head lately at QT / Kum and Go. Lately when they go up, all the stations on the interstate are cheaper.. I used to remember it being the other way around.. by a long shot.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell I've still be paying almost $3.00 for premium ethanol-free.

That brings up the price difference between E10 and pure. It used to be less than a dime different. Now it runs $.40-$.60 different depending on where the price is. I just switched to using E10 with Lucas ethanol treatment added. :explode:

saltydog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I left BA today looking at gas at 2.29. I filled up in Springdale AR for 1.99.

I've been scratching my head lately at QT / Kum and Go. Lately when they go up, all the stations on the interstate are cheaper.. I used to remember it being the other way around.. by a long shot.

We live in an upside down world now. Not too much makes sense. Want to see something scary? Look at the copper chart. Headed for 2009 lows with no support. That should tell you about china haha unless they are still good at rigging the markets!

http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=HG&p=m1

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That brings up the price difference between E10 and pure. It used to be less than a dime different. Now it runs $.40-$.60 different depending on where the price is. I just switched to using E10 with Lucas ethanol treatment added. :explode:

This is what drives me nuts. I only ever put ethanol free in my vehicles (unless I can't help it). I work from home and I have 2 motorcycles and a truck, so none of them get a lot of miles on them. I insist on ethanol free simply because the gas is going to be sitting around a lot longer than back when I worked in an office. The only reason I don't complain more than I do (other than it wouldn't do any good anyway) is that I fill up each of my vehicles about once a month, so the price doesn't hurt too much. But still.... :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom