Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here is an article that calls for the end to the tax exempt status of churches. Now I know that a portion athiests will agree with the premise, but I think that churches bring a sense of stability to those that attend. They also do a lot of good work, food banks, utility assistance, etc. The author of this article also talks about the tax revenue it would generate. I think that the last thing we need is to feed the behemoth.

http://time.com/3939143/nows-the-time-to-end-tax-exemptions-for-religious-institutions/

There was a reason why we keep the "camel's nose out of the tent". Then again, would not expect someone writing for time to take high school civics.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you are rerunning a decade old argument for gay marriage, I will give you a decade old answer.

Does something (or anything) have to directly or even indirectly affect someone for them not to have an opinion? Because they disagree … based on whatever the reason … they are called names?

Is that how “tolerance” is supposed to work?

Yes. That's how it works.

If you are anti-gay and cannot verbalize an opinion other than "God said" then you might be a bigot. It's ok to be a bigot, just own it, wear it proudly, it's who you are.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could care less about how gay a lot of you are. What disturbs me is how a few people wearing robes and are mostly from far north east coast get to tell a state like texas or oklahoma what its state laws are. But at least i reckon now for example a conceal permit from okie state can carry in ny. Or a hippie from Colorado should be able to smoke dope in oklahoma. No need states rights , we are all the same.

Sing it!! We are the world, we are the people. Blah blah barf

And I've been told now healthcare is a right. How can that be?

This right here. I could care less about homosexuals and their marriage. Why is the State even involved in this crap?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and suggest that this will lead to more widespread use of Federalism, some of which y'all may not feel so warm and fuzzy about.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely they are.

Among other things, they have the right to a fair trial to determine whether they are, in fact, child molesters.

Here's a free hint for you: children don't have the capacity to give consent. This whole issue is about adults making choices. See the difference?

Oops! I posted my similar comment before I saw this. It does warrant being repeated, though.

Woody

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The government just needs to get out if the marriage business. There is no need for it. If you wanna be married just say you are and be done with it. If you think you need a paper then draw up something and sign the papers in front of a notary.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This right here. I could care less about homosexuals and their marriage. Why is the State even involved in this crap?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and suggest that this will lead to more widespread use of Federalism, some of which y'all may not feel so warm and fuzzy about.

*couldn't care less?

I find it interesting that those of you that throw the hissy fit of " the state/gov shouldn't be involved in marriage" are noticeably silent...... until gay marriage comes around.

I've been here ten years and read a ton of hypocritical BS but none of the so-called libertarians or conservatives give so much as a peep about this.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget that rights apply to an individual. No one has a right to get married. It requires the consent of another individual. Marriage is a privileged freedom. You are free to get married if you qualify for the privilege to get married. It is a rite but not a right.

Confused yet?

Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom