Glock Warranty???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAPD193

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a gen 2 Glock in which the slide has become very grey. The nice black finish has worn off over many, many, draws. Has anyone had an experience with Glock's warranty? Can I send it back and if so will they warranty the finish?

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be Prepared For A Wait And Possibly A Fight.

I Sent My G27 Into Them For The Finish Coming Off, Mine Had The Older Original Glock Finish As It Was A 1999 Manufacture Date. The Finish Was Rubbing Off And Starting To Show Some Signs Of Pitting.

They Had It For Almost 3 Months, Ruined The Night Sights, Had To Have The Gun Recoated 3 Times Before They Got It Right And It Was Acceptable And Even Then It Was A Crappy Job And I Had To Fight With Them To Get Them To Replace My Night Sights At Their Cost.

They Wanted Me To Pay For The Night Sights And Then Also Told Me They Were Going To Take The 3.5# Disconnect Out Since They Non Longer Sold My Gun With That Disconnect From The Factory.

Let Me Tell You After That Experience And Due To Me Buying A S&w Mp40c To Replace The Glock While It Was Gone I Promptly Sold The Glock And Now Only Use S&w Mp's.

If You Can Find Someone Locally To Strip And Recoat It I Would, But That Is Just Me After My Expereince With Glock Here Recently.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
unless you are worried about the cosmetics or are seeing signs of rust I wouldn't worry about what color the finish is.
the tenifer treatment used on Glocks is not in the finish but on the actual steel itself.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honest question...

Why would you expect Glock to warranty the finish on an older gun? I can understand if it was chipping off but just wearing down from use? Is that not like asking ford to repaint my work truck after a couple years of use?

BAPD193

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock boasts what a good finish they have and I believe that they have changed it between gen 2 and 3. I thought that if that is true they may refinish mine since its starting to grey and pit!

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if and when my slide's finish gets worn i'll probably get it redone in silver to change things up but they handled my warranty just fine for the recall on my frame and had it back to me in just over a weeks time and replaced some other wear items free of charge. so they are good to go in my book but i wouldnt worry about trying to warranty the finish as stated above plus these are tools and not 1911's. Kinda like what me and some guys discuss over lunch at work. You buy a glock as a workhorse if it gets dropped o well pick it up and keep on. you drop a higher end 1911 or hk or sig you may cry for a minute and pick it up gently and caress it........ but to each his own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom