Glock Warranty???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have read that Glock will refinish it for $40 or $50 bucks, but they just send it out and it is an aftermarket type finish, not what they do to their new guns.

Personally my plan is if I ever keep a Glock long enough to wear the factory finish, I'm sending it to Robar to get it NP3'd.

Good luck,

Alan

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
unless you are worried about the cosmetics or are seeing signs of rust I wouldn't worry about what color the finish is.
the tenifer treatment used on Glocks is not in the finish but on the actual steel itself.

I think if my Gen 2 Glock looked too rough I'd just take advantage of this fact and just polish it.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ouch! Yonkers, NY and Berryville, AR on my 1911s.....
But the average ccw holder can't afford 1911's from those places. Glock provides a reliable ccw pistol at prices most people can afford. Glock will never rival any 1911 in a beauty contest but they will hang with any in a reliability contest!
Don't get me wrong I have a Kimber compact that has been reliable at the range but not so reliable in less than perfect conditions!

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But the average ccw holder can't afford 1911's from those places. Glock provides a reliable ccw pistol at prices most people can afford. Glock will never rival any 1911 in a beauty contest but they will hang with any in a reliability contest!
Don't get me wrong I have a Kimber compact that has been reliable at the range but not so reliable in less than perfect conditions!

I've owned Glocks, they are reliable but ugly. I enjoy knocking Glocks and in turn take it for my love of the 1911 and M9s. Got to roll with it baby... :boxing3:

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned Glocks, they are reliable but ugly. I enjoy knocking Glocks and in turn take it for my love of the 1911 and M9s. Got to roll with it baby... :boxing3:
I don't think that Glocks are beautiful at all but then again who has ever said WOW that is a great looking hammer. They are simply a tool. And they are a great tool but they will never rival a 1911 for looks, now a Beretta M9 (with factory mags) is beautiful and reliable but is to heavy and awkward to make a good carry piece!

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi BAPD193,
It was good to meet you today at Bass Pro Shop. I managed to get registered on this forum this evening without any problems. Thanks for encouraging me to try again.

Did you say your glock has some pitting? What part is pitting? Like others have said, the Flat Black is just a phospate finish. The Tennifer is grey to transparent and is about as hard as diamonds, so that has probably not worn off. The Tennifer is what is supposed to make the firearm more rust resistant than stainless steel. I have seen pitting on a GLOCK before, but it was after the pistol was drug behind a pickup truck for several miles on concrete, then submerged in salt water for days.

My offer still stands about the primers. Just let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom