Good hole in the wall places to eat...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Consumed a rather large prime rib and all the fixings, along with a piece of lemon pie at Click's this evening. I highly recommend, all their steak cuts are great.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Abraham's Western Cafe on North Western in OKC. Located a couple of blocks south of Bishop McGuinness High School on the east side of the road. Open Monday through Saturday 6:30 A.M. to about 2:00. Abraham has some badass breakfasts and onion burgers with fresh cut fries. And he don't take no guff neither!

Daisy Store grill on Highway 43 just west of the Indian Nation Turnpike in Daisy. They have good breakfasts and make a mean burger, too. (And pie.) They also have a pretty good fish fry on Fridays. Open Monday through Saturday 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.

Leo's Barbecue southwest corner of N.E. 36th and Kelley in OKC. Great ribs, brisket, smoked bologna, and everything. They have a strawberry/banana pound cake that's served for dessert and would make a lot of people commit a crime to get a piece. (Yeah, it's that good.)

Mama E's Wings & Waffles on the east side of Kelley just north of Leo's. Soul food. Great meat loaf, turkey and dressing, catfish, neck bones, collard greens, corn bread, and I don't know what else. I try something different every time I eat there. (They also serve Koolaid!) Both Leo's and Mama E's have been on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives.

Cajun King on the south side of N.W. 63rd about a block east of MacArthur Boulevard in OKC. As close to a sexual experience as you can get eating. They run a buffet with constantly fresh jambalaya, red beans & rice, fried chicken, corn bread, crawfish etouffe, etc. Wear your stretchy pants.

bwsig

New to the site!
Reaction score
For lunch the wildcat grill in cashion is real good. The piedmont Quizine (Chinese American ) restaurant in piedmont is awesome with huge portions of you guessed it Chinese and more traditional dishes is excellent. As far as Mexican food el vaquero in Stillwater and the place right across from boeckman ford in kingfisher are the best around. And there is an awesome barbaque joint west of alva and its name escapes me.

The Smok Shak is east of Alva in Ingersoll! It's great. They also have a delicious ham cheeseburger.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gio Cumo Italian in MacCalaster. Ate there just today and it was great. In fact first time ever to eat there
You mean Giacomo's on the 69 bypass and it's not near what Pete's and Roseanna's are just around the corner in Krebs. Isle of Capri in Krebs is/was also owned and operated by the Giacomo family.

jacque1282

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was skeptical about Cajun King, anymore opinions on it?

My husband and I ate there just the other night for the first time. It was delicious. It was 10.99 per person for the buffet for dinner, and they bring catfish and beignets to your table. Like Gus Petch said, wear your stretchy pants. I started a food diary a couple weeks ago and my trip to there put me over my calorie limit for a good three days. You just can't stop eating the catfish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom