Gop 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOP 2012 Presidency

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Bobby Jindal

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Rick Perry

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Michael Steele

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 51 45.9%

• Total voters

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
-Sponsored and accrued bipartisan support for legislation reforming ethics and health care laws in Illinois, 1996-97
-Initiated welfare reform and increased funding for childcare, 1998
Gee increased spending, there's a plus!
-Led Illinois democrats in support of Republican governor Ryan's bill targeting predatory lending practices in order to stave off home foreclosures, 2001
Isn't the housing debt to unqualified borrowers one of the things that started this recession?!?
-Served as chairman of the Illinois Senate Health and Human Services Committee, 2003
This makes me feel much better.....
-Sponsored and led bipartisan passage of legislation to monitor racial profiling by requiring police to record the race of drivers they detained, and legislation making Illinois the first state to mandate videotaping of homicide interrogations, 2003 (this legislation was lauded by police officials state-wide)
More red tape to monitor, more funding to do so, and it is race based? I am not racist, I don't care what color or belief you are, if you break the law, pay the price.

That's just a summarized list of his actions as a state Senator. For a list of his sponsored legislative acts as a US Senator, you can read Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bills_sponsored_by_Barack_Obama_in_the_United_States_Senate

The fact that you use Wiki for your facts cracks me up....
Obama's campaign staff was much larger than the entire city of Wasilla and also, Obama's campaign was arguably one of the most successful political campaigns in American history. Sarah Palin whisked into an Alaska power vacuum and then proceeded to quit the job. Where I come from, when you quit something that means you've failed at it.
I know you meant this as a supportive statement, but seriously, you are proud that his campaign staff was larger than Wasilla? I would be prouder if it was smaller than his opponents.

You are really not doing anything to further the discussion, but I'm amused that you honestly believe posting pictures is a valid form of argument.

Pot, meet kettle. Your incessant demands for empirical evidence in socio-political discussions is merely mental masturbation. It's not even worth the time it takes to supply "evidence", because you're in it for the debate rather than the results.

But I do have just enough time to challenge your ineffective challenges. :D

Not...working....Must...try...harder..... :spitlaugh

:yelclap::werd::yelclap:

By definition, evidence derived by a process other than theory is empirical.

So hearsay is empirical according to your definition?

EDIT - I realize this is a derail and apologize, but I am interested to hear the response.

Where did he state that? Dictionary is your friend. No one said heresay was to be taken in evidence.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I don't think it really matters who the GOP field for the 2012 presidential race. Obama will still be president on Jan 21, 2013.
I also don't think it matters much what republicans run for the house and senate in 2010. Any "close" races will be won by dems even if it takes 8 months and a ruling by that states supreme court ala that idiot Franken. The blind eye that was turned to the electoral fraud perpetrated by ACORN and others in 2008 has just about scuttled what little faith I had left in our electoral process.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, not so much to me, but it is both funny and ironic considering she has pretty much killed her chances of ever reaching the Oval Office this weekend.

Personally I don't think she wants the WH. I think she just wants to stump for those she supports.

And FWIW, I didn't vote for her in this poll. But given the opportunity to vote for her or Nobama (or pretty much ANY democrat these days)? I'm voting for Palin every time. Are there better choices for the Repubs? Absolutely! But there are worse choices too. People just need to figure out that if their candidate doesn't make it through the primary, that's no reason to abandon the party altogether. Look what that got us....

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I don't think she wants the WH. I think she just wants to stump for those she supports.

And FWIW, I didn't vote for her in this poll. But given the opportunity to vote for her or Nobama (or pretty much ANY democrat these days)? I'm voting for Palin every time. Are there better choices for the Repubs? Absolutely! But there are worse choices too. People just need to figure out that if their candidate doesn't make it through the primary, that's no reason to abandon the party altogether. Look what that got us....

I definitely hear you broseph, I was just simply pointing out that any ambitions she might have had are pretty much quashed. Sure, there are much better choices and much worse choices, and we saw both last go-around and we'll see both at the next. But man oh man, Palin supporters really upset me. They're almost as bad as Obama supporters when you think about it. Sure, having a MIL* in the White House would have been interesting, but why couldn't it be a MIL* that would actually make an awesome president? :crying:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely hear you broseph, I was just simply pointing out that any ambitions she might have had are pretty much quashed. Sure, there are much better choices and much worse choices, and we saw both last go-around and we'll see both at the next. But man oh man, Palin supporters really upset me. They're almost as bad as Obama supporters when you think about it. Sure, having a MIL* in the White House would have been interesting, but why couldn't it be a MIL* that would actually make an awesome president? :crying:

Because we haven't had anyone who would make an awesome president on the ballot in decades. :(

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dearly remembered Mother had a phrase that I learned:

"If you can't say something good about a person, don't say anything at all."

Thus, I won't rise to Golfwhiskey's bait.

However, I am prompted to submit a few questions.

1. While much is being said about Sarah Palin "quitting" the Governor's job, why isn't anything being said about Sebilius from Kansas, Napalitano from Arizona, and even Obama himself, "quitting" their promises to serve the citizens of their states?

2. Could it be that those on the left can readily see that Sarah Palin is a very serious threat to the agenda of the left? And, could it be for that reason that she is constantly attacked by the left, both media and politiians?

3. As for Palin's gaffes about Africa and what newspapers she reads being such an example of inability to serve, kindly explain why Joe Biden is any different?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thus, I won't rise to Golfwhiskey's bait.

However, I am prompted to submit a few questions.

1. While much is being said about Sarah Palin "quitting" the Governor's job, why isn't anything being said about Sebilius from Kansas, Napalitano from Arizona, and even Obama himself, "quitting" their promises to serve the citizens of their states? Because they are democrats.

2. Could it be that those on the left can readily see that Sarah Palin is a very serious threat to the agenda of the left? And, could it be for that reason that she is constantly attacked by the left, both media and politiians?
Because they are democrats they are scared $hi*less. They know she's smart and capable of leadership. If it were otherwise they wouldn't care less.

3. As for Palin's gaffes about Africa and what newspapers she reads being such an example of inability to serve, kindly explain why Joe Biden is any different? Because he's a democrat.

Rules don't apply to Democrats!

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You're mother must have been an amazing woman (I'm being serious). I try to obey this adage IRL, but I tend to be very outspoken. It also doesn't help that one of my favorite websites to lurk is 4chan.org (NSFW!!!!!)

1. While much is being said about Sarah Palin "quitting" the Governor's job, why isn't anything being said about Sebilius from Kansas, Napalitano from Arizona, and even Obama himself, "quitting" their promises to serve the citizens of their states?

Sebelius, Mapalitano, and Obama went on to national positions in government and politics, whereas Palin is apparently dropping out of holding a government position all together. Had she and McCain actually taken the Oval Office last year, I don't think anyone would have begrudged them as "quitting" their promises to serve their states.

I think you'd have to have a very serious and honest conversation with a lefty power broker to get that answer. As for me, I think she would not be a threat at this time, as she represents mostly a continuation of the neocon policies and imagery of the last administration, which many people from every part of the political spectrum view as an abysmal failure.

3. As for Palin's gaffes about Africa and what newspapers she reads being such an example of inability to serve, kindly explain why Joe Biden is any different?

The gaffes that I can recall seeing from Biden were during campaign stump speeches, which I will give the benefit of the doubt as being somewhat if not entirely impromptu. I will be honest and admit that I did not follow Biden's campaigning in the news either solo or with Obama because I knew very early on that I would not be voting for either of them. The facepalm-worthy gaffes from Palin appeared during interviews with national media figures, many of which were sit-down affairs. She/her handlers should have been prepared for these interviews, and if she/they did, she/they obviously did not prepare enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom