Gun belts- Overrated?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fredkrueger

I have been carrying IWB with my belly band holster but recently bought a Galco quick slide holster for my G19 to carry OWB. I bought a Dickies work belt from wally world and thought that would be good enough. Well it wasn't. So I finally broke down last week and ordered a belt from Bullhidebelts.com I am so glad that I did. I just received the belt and I must say that I could not be any happier. It makes a world of a difference carrying now. Before I couldn't even use the Galco because the belt couldn't hold up my glock. But not any more. I can now carry OWB comfortably. And it even conceals better now. Before with the Dickies work belt it was uncomfortable and you could easily see the gun "printing". Now I can carry without being detected. So I think that it is a huge deal.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never carry IWB and only carry OWB. Because of that carry method I have to have a thick sturdy belt. I wear a Looper Leather belt and it's held up very nicely since I got it for Christmas 2011.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good heavy duty belts are important. I have had a embarrassing moment or two with badly designed belts. I don't want my pant to fall down especially when I am carrying a weapon!

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, a good gun belt is NEVER overrated. A bad gun belt is most assuredly a very bad idea, especially if you're carrying OWB. A good, stiff belt gives the holster a proper footing and doesn't allow the gun to sag on the waistline. I bought a belt at the police supply store on Garnett about a year ago. It works great for my j-frame, but sags just enough to be annoying with my 1911. I'm going to have to invest in a thicker, much stiffer belt to more comfortably carry my heavier guns.

W

White Kid

If you have the money then the perfect belt for anything would be a nice looking belt from "El Paso Saddlery".

I'm thinking of saving up the money for one. Once I'm old enough I'll use it for of course concealed carry.

Plus the nice thing is is that they're all hand made.

They also make some nice hand made/custom holsters!

Latest posts

Top Bottom