Gun control activists petition Chipotle to ban guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ultimately, what did this display accomplish?

All i can see that it has done is place a private business in a difficult situation. What was a non-issue (carrying in Chipotle) has now ballooned into one side vs another with both sides threatening to boycott. The thing is, though, the majority of people who own guns aren't likely to follow through with a boycott, so i'm guessing Chipotle will play the numbers game and eventually side with the moms. All because they were placed in a very public predicament.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know if we didn't have idiots that carried rifles in a low ready position into a f*cking restraunt we wouldn't have this problem.

People need to realize that you can openly support your rights without looking like a jackass. There is a much bigger difference between a well organized pro 2a march and a bunch of fat neckbeards carrying bubba'd sks's into a f*cking starbucks.

I think some of these open carry protestors have some form of Aspergers or some other social issue tbh.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chipotle has done exactly what Starbucks did, asked that we not carry guns in but they have not as a company banned them either, no sign no problem just like your pecker you're so proud of keep it in your pant's and move on, they tried to stay neutral. Hell even Jerry Miculek has come out and said don't go open carrying into a business that is neutral.

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "point provers" really get under my skin. I will never broadcast what I am armed with, and nobody will EVER know untill its already to late.

PS: Chipotle burritos arn't that good anyway. Not a huge loss.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But when people vote liberal, they are voting anti-gun.

Bash away.

Usually, not always. Not very many people align 100% with either party, and for some there are issues more important to them than guns and they have to make a compromise, as I'm sure everyone who has ever voted has had to do at some point. There are some good pro-gun liberal politicians (see Blue Dog Democrats), though they are few and far between. However, I would think the gun community as a whole would want pro-gun people on both sides rather than alienating supporters who may influence more liberal politicians to vote. I certainly don't think ANY good has ever come from name calling and bashing of the opposite side, it just reinforces the intolerant, backwards, hillbilly stereotype some who dislike guns but haven't researched them love so much to use as a way of avoiding debate. Articles about gun control supports being threatened and spit on... I somehow doubt that changed anyone's mind in our favor. This again is not directed at any one person, but at anyone who thinks the best way to win this battle of the minds is to scream, threaten, and beat our chests. I have to ask, do these same people act this way at work when they disagree with a coworker, or at home with a family member, or do they talk it out reasonably and not turn it into a personal attack?

// Off my soapbox now.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do wish Chipotle had replied with a more nuanced statement. I realize they are trying to split the fence as Starbucks did, however, I think a better fence splitting position would have been to say something to the effect of "While we support the rights of gun owners to carry weapons, the carrying of rifles is disconcerting to some patrons. We ask that those patrons who wish to carry legally do so in as unobtrusive a manner as possible, either concealed or in a well fitting holster. Please do not bring any rifles or unholstered weapons in."

Latest posts

Top Bottom