gun opener - who is out with me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat morning was freezing rain most of the day then sunday I wake up to 6" of snow. My little heater worked great saturday but ran out of fuel sunday before light. By 10am we had 13" of snow on the ground a more coming down, had to tap out, the wife was freezing in her stand with the wind and snow blowing in her face.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We counted 12 gunshots over the weekend from our north location near crescent. 8 on Saturday, 4 on Sunday. If we weren't protected on 3 sides by elevation, we would be very nervous. We lost count of the number of shotgun shots we heard.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've only heard a couple of shots since season opened. Dealing with trespassers, finding headless bucks, watching strange trucks and SUV's routinely drive and stop in an area until you have to go drive up behind them, or call the landowner to drive over to confront them. This is in an area where bermuda grows across the roads during the spring, summer and early fall, there's no other reason to drive down them other than to look for deer at first and last light...... no oil production, no wells, no cattle to check, etc. Section roads suck!

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is in an area where bermuda grows across the roads during the spring, summer and early fall, there's no other reason to drive down them other than to look for deer at first and last light...... no oil production, no wells, no cattle to check, etc. Section roads suck!

Word.

Even dead ends suck! Although I am paranoid, Dad did remind me that he goes and looks all the time driving around and such but I know some of them are poachers!

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've only heard a couple of shots since season opened. Dealing with trespassers, finding headless bucks, watching strange trucks and SUV's routinely drive and stop in an area until you have to go drive up behind them, or call the landowner to drive over to confront them. This is in an area where bermuda grows across the roads during the spring, summer and early fall, there's no other reason to drive down them other than to look for deer at first and last light...... no oil production, no wells, no cattle to check, etc. Section roads suck!

We are getting really tired of the oil workers. They block our only road with their semis, dump trash out of their trucks before they leave for the day and only grade the road when it becomes totally impassible. We tried to convince our neighbor that it was a bad idea. Apparently he got an offer he just couldn't refuse. Times are tough and I know he needed the income stream, but dang if it doesn't suck for the rest of us.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are getting really tired of the oil workers. They block our only road with their semis, dump trash out of their trucks before they leave for the day and only grade the road when it becomes totally impassible. We tried to convince our neighbor that it was a bad idea. Apparently he got an offer he just couldn't refuse. Times are tough and I know he needed the income stream, but dang if it doesn't suck for the rest of us.

The traffic will be gone. But that income can last for years! Can completely change your future

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

It would be great if it were Sandridge and Select trucks driving by. I'd know they were making a living and headed somewhere to make a dollar, and be fairly certain that they didn't have a rifle in the truck.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be great if it were Sandridge and Select trucks driving by. I'd know they were making a living and headed somewhere to make a dollar, and be fairly certain that they didn't have a rifle in the truck.

Well...........
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_26_9aza6y2u.jpg

Found this at our gate a few weeks ago.
Probably oilfield related
But I'm definitely not pissed at sandridge
Some worker though, I'd like put a hurt basket on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Latest posts

Top Bottom