gun opener - who is out with me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got out Sunday morning, sat in the stand for awhile and didn't see much moving around. About 9am I moved to a nice lil spot in the woods where I could watch a lower area, got settled in against a tree, saw some frost flowers and sat there for about 15mins, then the sleet started coming down. Slowly made my way back to the truck and headed home with no meat. Hopefull this friday will be better.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THAT is a stripper clip

[Broken External Image]
These are 5.56 rounds, the stripper clip found on the ground appears to be for a different caliber.

No, it was a stripper clip for 5.56
My GW has it now. He didn't even know what it was:).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good deal. Hope that pic helped. I know there are a couple of different designs of stripper clips.

I have zero tolerance for those lobbing lead over my property, regardless of what the target is or even if they have one.

Dalyup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a ton of those back in the day. Knew what it was instantly.

What was really funny was, I told him how they worked and he tried to load a mag with one, he didn't think they were worth a crap. I hadn't told him there was a little piece that fit on top of the mag that allowed the loading. Lol. I can just imagine him trying to load a mag from a stripper clip without it. haha

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pumpers have ruined the road into our place, and they absolutely will not close and lock the gate.

It should have been in your contract for surface damages, or the mineral lease that they must lock the gate, or loose access. It should have also been in your lease that they will put in all weather roads and maintain them. Never sign a contract with anybody without contacting an attorney well versed in land issues.

Environmental issues like spills, should be addressed as well, like spills, leaks, etc.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should have been in your contract for surface damages, or the mineral lease that they must lock the gate, or loose access. It should have also been in your lease that they will put in all weather roads and maintain them. Never sign a contract with anybody without contacting an attorney well versed in land issues.

Environmental issues like spills, should be addressed as well, like spills, leaks, etc.

At this point, all that is my Dad's responsibility, and I am just thankful to have the places to get to hunt. For most of October, I had to park my truck on the county road and drive my Ranger in to my stand, and in truth, that is not the end of the world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom