Gun Show (Super Dave Claremore) Protocol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, the Super Dave's Claremore Show will be my first gun show to "really" look for some stuff and I need to know all the real gun show protocol. We need a couple holsters and would like to try my gun for fit, how much is sticking out top and/or bottom, etc. Is there a way to do this easily? Anything else to be aware of for a newbie?

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about this? Your screen name says P238shooter. If you do have a P238 your wanting a holster for the job is easy (this applies to most well known brand name & model pistols). Lots of holster mfg's make P238 holsters; and they fit the pistol perfectly. Your job will be to decide how the holster fits you, e.g. your belt, a paddle holster, shoulder holster, etc. IMO, the pistol's barrel should not extend below the bottom of the holster and the holster should cover the trigger. Oh, and if you buy a belt or paddle holster an extension of the holster to keep the pistol from rubbing on your skid is nice.
Have fun

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, our pocket P238's are covered, although the Wifey wants to look at a Flashbang. I am Looking for a common belt holster which should be easy and a couple others that most likely will be rare and will most likely have to find something that fits.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain it's OK to CC at the gun show. I could be mistaken, but, if you're wanting to check a weapon for fit with holsters, that weapon must be unloaded and, I believe, locked. I'm sure some guys with more gun show experience will pipe up soon.

vicsinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may bring the firearm in and have it zip tied to carry around and check for what your looking for. Or hope someone has one on a table. Its no sweat to walk around as long as it has no ammo in it and is tied. Just let whoever is strapping the zip ties on know what you are doing and maybe they can zip tie it so it doesn't interfere with the holster test fit.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I am thinking of carrying a small bag to open at the door to get zipped then walk around with a closed bag and pull out what I need when I need it. I would expect to have the bag rechecked when leaving naturally. Looking forward to this. Thanks

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I have done in the past for this very purpose was either bring a few extra zip ties, or just ask for a couple up at the check in table. This way if you want the best idea of fit you can cut off the zip, try it and then re-zip it. I would just make sure the owner of the table you are looking at knows what you are doing, so he/she doesn't get nervous when they see an unzipped gun at their table. Most will be more than happy to let you try it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom