GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back from the dead thread graveyard!

I was not a forum member when this all went down. Just wasted a fraction of my remaining lifespan reading every word on all 13 pages.:censored:

The one useful thing I can add is that they tried to sell me Winchester 9x23 ammo for a Largo chambered pistol. Admittedly, it will fit, but it is so much higher pressure it is very likely to result in a catastrophic:bigeye: failure of any Largo chambered weapon. It will even destroy a Destroyer carbine which is a Spanish bolt-action rifle chambered for Largo 9x23.

The GW salespeople told me that their gunsmith:lookaroun said it was okay to use the Winchester 9x23 in Largo guns. I told them in no uncertain terms that they were wrong:smack: and courting a huge lawsuit if someone took their advice and got hurt. They seemed to listen and said they would check it out. I hope they did.

I have spent a lot of time in Lawton:puke: . There are some businesses there which are based on gouging every young soldier who comes to Fort Sill once. Since Tinker is so close to GW, it appears that the same mentality may be in place there.

I go there now and then for amusement, and have shot there in complete privacy a couple of times. Got yelled at on the PA system for loading a magazine, completely separate from the gun, on the rear bench behind the firing line (gun was left on the firing line). I did not complain--their range, their rules.

I have never seen so many items priced so unreasonably in one store. CB

shooterdc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brazilianboy,

I would listen to Crticalbass if I were you. He knows what he's talking about. One other thing about H&H, They have great classrooms for taking classes on gun safety. They are quiet large rooms with well qualified instructors on staff. I get down to H&H at least a couple of times a week on weekends. My name is Pete. Most all of the staff knows me, just ask them to page me and I'll buy you a coke. :hithead:

criticalbass said:
Back from the dead thread graveyard!

I was not a forum member when this all went down. Just wasted a fraction of my remaining lifespan reading every word on all 13 pages.:censored:

The one useful thing I can add is that they tried to sell me Winchester 9x23 ammo for a Largo chambered pistol. Admittedly, it will fit, but it is so much higher pressure it is very likely to result in a catastrophic:bigeye: failure of any Largo chambered weapon. It will even destroy a Destroyer carbine which is a Spanish bolt-action rifle chambered for Largo 9x23.

The GW salespeople told me that their gunsmith:lookaroun said it was okay to use the Winchester 9x23 in Largo guns. I told them in no uncertain terms that they were wrong:smack: and courting a huge lawsuit if someone took their advice and got hurt. They seemed to listen and said they would check it out. I hope they did.

I have spent a lot of time in Lawton:puke: . There are some businesses there which are based on gouging every young soldier who comes to Fort Sill once. Since Tinker is so close to GW, it appears that the same mentality may be in place there.

I go there now and then for amusement, and have shot there in complete privacy a couple of times. Got yelled at on the PA system for loading a magazine, completely separate from the gun, on the rear bench behind the firing line (gun was left on the firing line). I did not complain--their range, their rules.

I have never seen so many items priced so unreasonably in one store. CB

MAS GunWorks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brazilianboy the one thing you need to remember is no matter what type of gun you are shooting a lot of the techniques (breathing, trigger pull, etc) are the same. Practicing with a air rifle is a lot cheaper and serves a purpose. It might not be as fun but you can learn a lot from it.

One final thing. Get good instruction from the beginning. If you get bad instruction it will take a good instructor a little longer to get you out of bad habits. There are a lot of people in this state that know what they are doing. H&H has a few as well as the Oklahoma City Gun Club. OKCGC is a private club but up to the public if you are participating in a match they are hosting.

SimplyGreg

New to the site!
Reaction score
I was in Big Boys gun & ammo yesterday buying a gun & they were saying they are still planning on opening up a range. I will tell you this, I have had NOTHING but GOOD experiences there & can tell you as far as I'm concerned, if they ever open one up, they will be the only place other than Canadian that I will ever use. Big Boys are professional, helpful, & have never talked down to me.

TJ

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
DrBaker said:
Gun World sucks ass. I have nothing good to say about them.

On Monday I went in because I was in the area and had time to waste. I already knew I was in for a good laugh just like the last few times I went there.

Glock 22 $679
SW 642 $599
Keltec P11 $450

I wanted to ask them why the prices were so outrageous, but I just kept my mouth shut and left laughing on the inside.

I actully asked and he said its becuse he is not a direct retailer and gets nothing from the manufactures or suppliers, i guess he goes over to H&H or ODA and buys from them and tries to resell them at $100 profit. also have been told not to let them work on your fire arms he bad about messing up your finish with this vice,

Took my Femaru 37m one day to find out what in his opinion it might be worth mind you it was in much better shape than some of his ww2 era guns that he had marked for $700-$800 of course mine had a small gouge in the checkering so it was only worth $50-$100 (that he would give to im sure) after i said id keep it he said he didn't think i looked like i needed $100 it must have been the $1000 watch i was wearing

of course he claims that he has the best service in town. i guess that means that he holds your hand while hes giving you the once over.

TJ

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
shooterdc9 said:
Brazilianboy,

I would listen to Crticalbass if I were you. He knows what he's talking about. One other thing about H&H, They have great classrooms for taking classes on gun safety. They are quiet large rooms with well qualified instructors on staff. I get down to H&H at least a couple of times a week on weekends. My name is Pete. Most all of the staff knows me, just ask them to page me and I'll buy you a coke. :hithead:

if your buying free cokes im changing my name to Brazilian boy

J/K

OMG I didnt realize that this thread was that old

NavyLT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SimplyGreg said:
I was in Big Boys gun & ammo yesterday buying a gun & they were saying they are still planning on opening up a range. I will tell you this, I have had NOTHING but GOOD experiences there & can tell you as far as I'm concerned, if they ever open one up, they will be the only place other than Canadian that I will ever use. Big Boys are professional, helpful, & have never talked down to me.

Yep. We bought our first gun at Big Boys after our house was invaded. They were the first place we were in that actually treated my wife like a shooter. That was about 14 months ago. We just bought our 13th gun as a valentine's day present for Mrs. NavyLT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom