GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urso

New to the site!
Reaction score
I went in there today.

pros -

free BBQ lunch, very good.

wide lanes, high walls ( went to H&H once, left after 10 minutes, because the brass from the dude in the next lane kept hitting me in the -head- because the lane walls were too short )

the 'No Concealed Carry' sign in gone.

Cons -

prices about 150$ above market.

bought a parts gun from them for 90$. getting the paperwork done was an hour-long jerkfest. had to go thru -2- forms before they would finally accept it.

help could be described as somewhere between 'smug' and 'smarmy'.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I got sucked into this almost 4 year old thread last night when I was bored so I decided to waste part of my work day going to Gun World to check it out and ya'll are right about one thing, prices are high!!! too much for me to consider buying from there anyway(Glocks were only over priced by about $75 compared to academy and H&H...). as far as service I thought it was fine. as soon as Arthur? saw me come up to the counter he asked if i needed help and after a brief exchange he left me to browse and said if i need help ask. and Mike behind the gunsmith counter was friendly too and went out of his way to try to find the magazine I was looking for. Prolly wont buy anything from them but the experience was not nearly as bad as has been stated(new staff maybe?)

Urso

New to the site!
Reaction score
ah, sorry, they're still a bunch of no-goodniks.

perhaps I should tell the full story.

I arrive at GW, having been referred by a friend ( who's father used to shoot there -waaaay- back ). Having been referred, I make the incorrect assumption that these people are relatively trustworthy.

I spot the S&W 659 in the case with the other 'broken/parts' guns.

I ask about price, and I'm told 90 with magazine, 30 without.

I say 'without the mag, please' and hand the man my money ( a single 100, this becomes important later ) and my ID.

Now, I"m not an Okie, but where I'm from, once money has changed hands, the price is -fixed-.

first thing he does is fiddle with the point of sale system, and it makes sale-type noises, and he sticks my 100 in the drawer. Then he frowns. This was Art by the way.

he claims he cant make the POS system ring it for 30. lowest he can go is 65. I make unhappy noises. Mike chimes in with I might as well buy the mag with it, they're hard to find, and 'you wont find one for less than 60 in the internet anyhow.'

I protest, politely. no attempt is made to return either my cash, or my ID. I realize, I'm -not- getting my money back out of that drawer. Ok, fine.

Final sticker? 97.50 fancy that?

To add insult to injury, they had me refill out the 4473 -6 times-. for things like 'the x doesnt go all the way thru the box on both sides'.

First thing I do when I go home is price parts.

And discover the -average- price for a magazine for this thing is 25$, -retail-.

So, to recap.

Gunworld;

1. pulls bait&switch ( an actual crime in some states )

2. runs up the price.

3. declines to allow me to back out.

4. flat out lied to me.

Now, I'll admit, I still got a decent deal, but I'll be damned if I'll ever set foot in that store again, other than to serve one of those.....'people' with court papers.

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you would think that Reserve Oklahoma County Deputies would behave better. Good job Goober World, one more reason I never go in there.

PS. Wow this thread is that old!!!!!!

gyolai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went there when i first got stationed at Tinker and i went to order a beaver tail for my 1911 and the price was normal, less that 15. Then they wanted to charge me another 17 dollar fee for finding the part!!!!!! I left and have never gone back

Latest posts

Top Bottom