H&H gun prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If looking for and AR15, Alway check Outdoor America and Academy. I notice they are always lower. I also heard that Academy will price match (They did in the past anyway).

Reaction score
All that selection and service and staff come at a price... For what they offer at H&H I think it's a fair value. I shop around like everyone else but they get a share of my business.

Absolutely. They have a consistent markup *reasonable* for their excellent service level. AND, occasionally a good deal (after a gun sits there for a couple of years and Jane decides she wants the space for something that will actually turn over). I pay a lot for new guns at H&H for a variety of reasons:

1. Great customer service from the sales force there.
2. Related to #1, but slightly different: To reward the salesmen there who are my friends, by giving them their small commission.
3. Reward the store that offers so many extras, like the archery shop, restaurant, ranges, gunsmith, etc. - the restaurant for starters is a loss leader.
4. Reward SOME local store
5. More specifically, reward a MOM & POP local store, where our money will stay IN STATE.
6. (this one is tongue in cheek) SOMEBODY has got to pay all that sales tax to keep money in Clay Bennett's pocket by paying for the Thunder's facilities.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well said. Pretty much echos my thoughts. I shop around, but usually end up going there.

Absolutely. They have a consistent markup *reasonable* for their excellent service level. AND, occasionally a good deal (after a gun sits there for a couple of years and Jane decides she wants the space for something that will actually turn over). I pay a lot for new guns at H&H for a variety of reasons:

1. Great customer service from the sales force there.
2. Related to #1, but slightly different: To reward the salesmen there who are my friends, by giving them their small commission.
3. Reward the store that offers so many extras, like the archery shop, restaurant, ranges, gunsmith, etc. - the restaurant for starters is a loss leader.
4. Reward SOME local store
5. More specifically, reward a MOM & POP local store, where our money will stay IN STATE.
6. (this one is tongue in cheek) SOMEBODY has got to pay all that sales tax to keep money in Clay Bennett's pocket by paying for the Thunder's facilities.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't take this as a flame. It is downright ironic that a guy busting out the customer service at H&H is happy with what he gets at Outdoor America.

Just like most of you have never had a problem with H&H, I've never had a problem with OA. They always ask me what I need once I walk to it, mostly the old man that yells and walks with a limp. The only time i've had a problem with them there is when they were so busy I had to sit in the parking lot and wait for a space

Latest posts

Top Bottom