H&H gun prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to their expo a couple of weeks ago, spent a lot of time shooting a lot of different guns and ended up buying one..a S&W .357 686SSR. They gave me a $50 gift card to boot...spent it on ammo...The place was packed..$3 ticket got you about 5 rounds...went to charity or something like that

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been going to h&h now for a couple of years with my two boys 6 and 12 and have found the staff to be outstanding on the range side as well as gunsmithing and sales departments! They keep the place clean and always seem to have the time to chat(perhaps not at 845 on a Friday night) but I would strongly recomend it for new shooters or anyone who's just curious about the shooting niche.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like most of you have never had a problem with H&H, I've never had a problem with OA. They always ask me what I need once I walk to it, mostly the old man that yells and walks with a limp. The only time i've had a problem with them there is when they were so busy I had to sit in the parking lot and wait for a space

This pretty much covers it for us too. The range side of H&H is okay, but I avoid the sales side like the plague.

I can almost ALWAYS find what I want or need gunwise here a little used for a much better price than at H&H. Trick is I don't have to have it RIGHT NOW ... good things come to those who wait ... LOL

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am repeating, 'scuse me, but Clay Hoover now works at H&H in sales. I have dealt with him since he was at Outdoor America and while he was at Outdoor Outfitters. He's a great guy to deal with.

Overall, I like H&H just fine. Their gunsmiths are horribly backed up, but that's a combination of popularity and minimal competition. CB

jbroyles2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H is a great store with an amazing collection. They have really expanded over the past 10 years that I have been going there. They do seem to always have a slightly higher price. Recently I was looking at the S&W M&P 45ACP. Academy - 559.00, OAS - 568.99, and H&H 575.00. They are all similar in price, but you would not think Academy would be the cheapest. Besides, what other store in OKC has Bushmaster BA 50's and Barrett's in stock?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hadn't been in there in several years. All I can say is WOW. I practically lived there during my divorce, 13 or so years ago. Might be 14. Anyway, HOLY CRAP!!! I was really impressed with what they have done. Burgers?!?!? Man did Will get skinny!

I was looking at ARs, and made a mental note of the prices. After a lot of investagating, I bought a S&W M&P-15 from Outdoor America. The boy was hogging the "everything but the kitchen sink" Spikes we have. We live almost exactly the same distance between the two places. Wish I could say the same for the prices. I saved a pretty good chunk at ODA.

I bought a Smith 686, and a Smith 411 (40 cal) from H&H a long time ago (1996 maybe?), and the prices were great then. Maybe it's the larger overhead? Still love them, though! Wish I still had that little cheapo 411. GREAT pistol. Still have the 686.

aussieblake

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the EXPO for the first time this year, took the wife and my seven year old son. We all had a really good time, I would definitely purchase a gun from them if the price was inline (within $20 or $30) of the other stores. I will not just give my money away. The free youth air rifle program at H and H is great, take my son there almost every week. They do provide a community service and I respect that.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's kind of odd in my opinion that people say they will pay more for a gun because H&H has such a large selection. Yes, they have hundreds of guns but you are buying a couple of guns at one time max, most generally. So why does it matter if they have a semi-auto 50 cal or an auto ordnance Tommy gun, when all you are getting is one gun you can get for $50+ cheaper anywhere else. I could understand if nobody else had it, but if your buying a glock 17, you could get that at a garage sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom