Has this been discussed here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Small town cops probably ought to recognize the citizens of the community if they are out there very much. At least one of these officers had served the community for more than a week or two. Unfortunately for many small towns the job is just a stepping stone to a bigger & better opportunity so they don’t invest in the community.
Pay sucks so you get a few duds. Doesn’t imply all small town cops are bad. But I suspect there’s a higher incidence of them in these level of opportunities.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS!
I am sick and tired of the media not showing the complete video or the complete narrative. Think Michael Brown. You know the black kid in Fergusen who wouldn't follow commands, after he strong arm robbed the store and then attacked the officer in his patrol car? They never show that part. The grand jury heard the facts. The facts about Brown attacking the officer. How else do you explain the bullet holes in Brown?

"This autopsy was limited because the previous county autopsy had washed, embalmed, and taken evidence off the body. According to Baden's report, Brown was shot six times into his front: four of the bullets entered his right arm, one entered his right eye on a downward trajectory, and one entered the top of his skull."

It is the reason why the grand jury said it was a justifiable shooting. At no time did Brown have his hands up saying "Don't shoot." The lack of the complete story and video is precisely why we have this BLM movement which was based on a false narrative fanned by the media.

Now back to this officer. I will not condemn until I see it all. From the comments, he screwed the pooch but I can't say either way.
Brown head shot downward trajectory was because Brown was leaning forward in a bum-rush on the officer, after he had already fought with seated officer through cruiser window for the officer's gun, slammed car door on officer. Brown was a Defective Citizen in training, just getting his thuginess together, perfected, still working on it. City paid his parents $1.4million. They should have been sent a bill for the costs to Missouri, locals. This would have been a great case to charge the manufacturers (parents) of the thug-in-training for damages. Sick to see his father and sister (a real winner) hawking for Cori Bush campaign. Their support alone makes many ready to dump Bush.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what can be seen in the posted video, both could have probably handled it better. From my experiences in Watonga and the surrounding area while working with the BIA years ago, that particular guy, at that time of the day, in an ally, with young boy is about a 9 out of 10 on the suspicious scale......
Suspicious... Is that a misdemeanor or felony?

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still unsure of OK law statues. I think in Tx, you have to be under arrest before you are required to ID (unless stopped for a traffic violation). So what does OK law say about being stopped in public ? Required to ID if detained?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Small town cops probably ought to recognize the citizens of the community if they are out there very much. At least one of these officers had served the community for more than a week or two. Unfortunately for many small towns the job is just a stepping stone to a bigger & better opportunity so they don’t invest in the community.
Pay sucks so you get a few duds. Doesn’t imply all small town cops are bad. But I suspect there’s a higher incidence of them in these level of opportunities.
As a former small town cop I wholeheartedly agree. Another aspect is the small towns love retired police officers from a larger department as they are well seasoned, have been in the scrapes and situations and don't really want to do anything but drive around and drink coffee with the locals.

Most of these are appointed chiefs and might have an officer or two under him. Don't get me wrong, they will stop a car or investigate crimes when needed they just don't do aggressive police work.

I also will tell you the small town city fathers/city manager/city attorney are mostly set in their ways and whatever you do, don't rock the boat.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been around law enforcement my whole life with family and good friends there are some dam good ones out there but there are a few that get into law enforcement with the wrong attitude with a chip on their shoulders that’s the way the the officer come across to me in the video I have a good friend that is a Leo and one that is a civilian the civi and his girlfriend had an argument and have known her since she was a kid problem child from the beginning she started fake cry and accusing my friend of all sorts of things and my friend the Leo took her word for it without even listening to the other side of the story it still causes us problems as friends still today my buddy had all charges dropped and he kicked her out

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've known a bunch of PD officers over the years who truly set out to serve the general public. Masters of de-escalating situations, always looking for an agreeable outcome between parties, never looking to throw a book at someone, serving with understanding and compassion. Real peacemakers. I know these types of officers still exist on my own local municipal staff and it's a shame they get lumped in with the jack-boot tactical wanna-be paramilitary coppers who fully believe every person they see is guilty before proven innocent. Makes me wish civil rights lawsuits were settled from the individual officers' pension accounts. Bet they'd spend a little more time actually learning the law before trying to enforce gut feelings and opinions.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still unsure of OK law statues. I think in Tx, you have to be under arrest before you are required to ID (unless stopped for a traffic violation). So what does OK law say about being stopped in public ? Required to ID if detained?
Oklahoma is NOT a “stop and identify” state

Latest posts

Top Bottom