Has this been discussed here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma is NOT a “stop and identify” state
I think that might be for consensual encounters.
So, is it like Texas where you only have to identify when arrested, or are you required to identify if only detained? The Texas statute is 38.02. What is the ok statute?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My point was what crime did the officers have reasonable and articulatable suspicion of him having committed or about too commit? Obviously none since they released him minutes later.
Articulate, none, the officer didn't. Like i said in my first post, neither side handled it in the best manor.

Reasonable suspicion....time, location of an adult male with a young minor. The amount of child trafficking and sex crimes against minors and very small children in every single town in this state is sickening and staggering. Can guarantee that officer knows the statistics for his area. That said, the officer didn't handle it correctly.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any cop who terrorizes children because he is being a hardass is a danger to all future LEO's because youth alienated against cops is a big part of the problems we have currently and it will get more frequent and more violent.
The father should have just sat down with his kid and told the cop the kid is autistic and please do not scare him. But it sounds like a jerk asshat who should not be a small town cop from the way he escalates with BS to the father and fails to act kind to the kid

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So. Was he really required to show an ID? I walk in a park 100' from my house with no ID.
Are you breaking the law by walking in the park? If no, then you do not have provide ID. If you are there walking and the park has posted hours for being open and you are there during closed hours, then yes.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you breaking the law by walking in the park? If no, then you do not have provide ID. If you are there walking and the park has posted hours for being open and you are there during closed hours, then yes.
That’s because of trespassing law violation , not ID laws violation?

Latest posts

Top Bottom