Have you noticed "gun control" has become

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Noticed and mentioned it in another thread a few weeks ago. Didn't receive much of a response but it was a thread on another subject.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"gun safety"? Just like grobal warming became climate change, we now hear of new gun safety laws;

Reminds me of Orwell's Newspeak.
There is only one gun safety law, and that is don't get in front of the thing when someone is pulling trigger, or it will be pretty unsafe for anyone who ignores that law.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not new, they have been using language to incite or manipulate emotions at least my entire life, hence we have phrases like "Saturday Night Special", "Assault Weapons", and "Sniper Rifles". Those are words designed to elicit an emotional response from people so they are more likely to support the anti-gun agenda. "Gun Safety" is the reverse psychology, more people are resistant to "Gun Control", but everyone supports "safety".

We do the same to a lesser degree with phrases like "Modern Sporting Rifles".

It ain't a new thang.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 100% for GUN SAFETY and I know you all are too! But just to review, here are the Four Rules of Gun Safety. We don't need much beyond this.

1. ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
2. NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
3. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER TIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON TARGET
4. BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT

Maybe I should mail a copy of this to Bloombug and tell him we got it covered already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom