Have You Noticed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db5

Marksman
Reaction score
On so many websites that invite comments many are complaints about something; the dog next door, poor roads, rude service from Gin A through Gin Z (excluding the Greatest Gin) and the list goes on and on like I-40 from Barstow CA to Wilmington DE; 4,141.46 miles of heat, cold, frustration, boredom and a million complaints. I’ve noticed here that complaints are often about dumb, stupid, selfish, dangerous, (and other adjectives) that assh-oles (in the 1970s used to describe 7-11 managers); now used to describe anyone who annoys us, even imaginary people who we are sure caused the “problem”. Often, because these are posted by the same people I wonder if it is improving anything in their lives.

Kris Kristofferson, bless his heart, wrote this in 1970. Have you seen any change for the better or is it getting worse?

If you waste your time talking to the people who won’t listen to the things that you are saying - who do you think’s gonna hear?

And if you should die explaining how the things that they complain about are things they could be changing - who do you think’s gonna care?

There were other lonely singers in a world turned deaf and blind who were crucified for what they tried to show; and their voices have been scattered by the swirling winds of time - because the truth remains that no one wants to know.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On so many websites that invite comments many are complaints about something; the dog next door, poor roads, rude service from Gin A through Gin Z (excluding the Greatest Gin) and the list goes on and on like I-40 from Barstow CA to Wilmington DE; 4,141.46 miles of heat, cold, frustration, boredom and a million complaints. I’ve noticed here that complaints are often about dumb, stupid, selfish, dangerous, (and other adjectives) that assh-oles (in the 1970s used to describe 7-11 managers); now used to describe anyone who annoys us, even imaginary people who we are sure caused the “problem”. Often, because these are posted by the same people I wonder if it is improving anything in their lives.

Kris Kristofferson, bless his heart, wrote this in 1970. Have you seen any change for the better or is it getting worse?

If you waste your time talking to the people who won’t listen to the things that you are saying - who do you think’s gonna hear?

And if you should die explaining how the things that they complain about are things they could be changing - who do you think’s gonna care?

There were other lonely singers in a world turned deaf and blind who were crucified for what they tried to show; and their voices have been scattered by the swirling winds of time - because the truth remains that no one wants to know.

Are you complaining? 😎

Latest posts

Top Bottom