HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
3354 is not on the floor calander for tonight,so according to house rules it has to be on the floor calander for 24 hours.for it to be brought up.Today is tuesday and unless the floor leader doesn't get it posted to the calander tonight after the session ends,for a vote on wednesday there isn't going to be enough time to get it over ridden and sent to the senate on thursday.that leaves randy brogdon in the senate one day to get it voted on.(and try to hold that one vote margin) I hate to be the turd in the punchbowl,but 3354 is another victiim of politians playing god wih our rights.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was dead after the first over ride vote.Everyone has been kidding themselves thinking it would come up for another vote.Maybe next year,if we replace the nays,we'll get another shot. Steve

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Russ cook just sent this to me, maybe there is still a chance:

SUBJECT: Urge AWOL & Turncoat legislators to override open carry veto!

You're receiving this email because you support the Petition for Open Carry in Oklahoma at http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html.

House Representative Rex Duncan has stated that he may make another attempt to override the Governor's veto of HB3354, see http://newsok.com/article/3462793.

Here's the deal - the open carry bill passed by veto proof majorities in both houses. But after Governor Brad "Veto Happy" Henry vetoed the bill, 15 representatives changed their vote or refused to vote at all for the bill!

It's one thing for a legislator to stand up and vote anti-gun - that's at least honest.

But its a whole 'nother thing to play games and tricks with the people's right to arms - to hide your vote, duck your vote, and otherwise shirk their duty to take a stand and cast a recorded vote.

Adding insult to injury, incredibly, Representative Glenn Bud Smithson (D-Sallisaw) called open carry supporters COWARDS, see
http://newsok.com/open-carry-weapon...article/3459027?custom_click=lead_story_title, but then turned around and REFUSED to even stand up and cast a vote on the veto override matter!

TURNCOATs - Changed Vote from YEA on original vote to NAY on override vote -
Auffet ( D) [email protected] (405) 557-7394
Carey (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7366
Glenn (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7399
Hoskin (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7319
Inman (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7370
Luttrell (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7355
Rousselot (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7388
Shoemake (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7373

AWOLs- PRESENT BUT DID NOT VOTE -
Buck (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7383
Hilliard (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7412
Kirby (R) [email protected] (405) 557-7356
Morgan (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7368
Morrissette (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7404
Nations (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7323
Smithson (D) [email protected] (405) 557-7315

[Voting record and contact information can be found at http://www.ok.gov]

The good news is we only need 3 more votes to save the open carry bill. However, time is short!

Action Item #1: If YOUR personal representative is on the TURNCOAT or AWOL lists, contact them - email, phone, and in person if you can - go to their office and **POLITELY** request to see him on this matter and urge him to vote correctly and let Oklahoma join the 43 other States that enjoy Open Carry in accordance with the Founders' intent! Bring your friends and family - make it a freedom delegation!

Action Item #2: Email the entire list of TURNCOATs and AWOLs!

Make their Blackberries' inbox crack like machine gun fire!

Suggested message:
--

TO: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

SUBJECT: Urge your legislators to override the open carry bill veto!

Dear Representative:

I am highly distressed that you either (1) changed your vote on the open carry bill, or (2) refused to vote at all, when the time came to override the veto.

Another veto override vote will take place soon.

Take a stand! There is no reason why Oklahomans cannot be trusted to become residents of the 44th open carry state.

This bill is very important to me and many Oklahoma gun owners.

We will remember what you do.

Sincerely,
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS

--
CARRY ON!
Russ Cook
Oklahoma Open Carry Petition Founder

--
Support Open Carry for Oklahoma http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

Did anyone get a email back from Glen Smithson saying "you distress easily"?

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No I havent, but I probably will.. I kinda lost it when I wrote him... Hope they dont try to arrest me or somthing...LOL

Here is what I wrote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Smithson,
I have the following quote from you on newsok.com:

"Most people who are confident in themselves don’t need to strut down the street showing everybody their gun,” said Smithson, D-Sallisaw. "Why do they need to show everybody their gun? Because most of them are cowards.”

How dare you talk about your people like that. You are a total discrace to this state. YOU Sir, are the coward for excusing yourself from the override vote.

Shame on you Sir. We are NOT cowards, 99% of us WILL NOT open carry very much, if any. However, you think Oklahomans are too stupid, and cowardly to be responsible enough to have the option.

In my opinion, you are a sorry excuse for a Representitive of this great state. I have and will make it a point that ALL Oklahomans see how you feel about them.

Shame on you.

Have a great day doing the opposite of what your constituents believe and want.

Thanks for reading,

my name
address
phone #

Latest posts

Top Bottom