HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dammechanic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I havent, but I probably will.. I kinda lost it when I wrote him... Hope they dont try to arrest me or somthing...LOL

Here is what I wrote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Smithson,
I have the following quote from you on newsok.com:

"Most people who are confident in themselves don’t need to strut down the street showing everybody their gun,” said Smithson, D-Sallisaw. "Why do they need to show everybody their gun? Because most of them are cowards.”

How dare you talk about your people like that. You are a total discrace to this state. YOU Sir, are the coward for excusing yourself from the override vote.

Shame on you Sir. We are NOT cowards, 99% of us WILL NOT open carry very much, if any. However, you think Oklahomans are too stupid, and cowardly to be responsible enough to have the option.

In my opinion, you are a sorry excuse for a Representitive of this great state. I have and will make it a point that ALL Oklahomans see how you feel about them.

Shame on you.

Have a great day doing the opposite of what your constituents believe and want.

Thanks for reading,

my name
address
phone #

His statement made me wonder why he became a state trooper.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I havent, but I probably will.. I kinda lost it when I wrote him... Hope they dont try to arrest me or somthing...LOL

Here is what I wrote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Smithson,

"Most people who are confident in themselves don’t need to strut down the street showing everybody their gun,” said Smithson, D-Sallisaw. "Why do they need to show everybody their gun? Because most of them are cowards.”

How dare you talk about your people like that. You are a total discrace to this state. YOU Sir, are the coward for excusing yourself from the override vote.

Shame on you Sir. We are NOT cowards, 99% of us WILL NOT open carry very much, if any. However, you think Oklahomans are too stupid, and cowardly to be responsible enough to have the option.

In my opinion, you are a sorry excuse for a Representitive of this great state. I have and will make it a point that ALL Oklahomans see how you feel about them.

Shame on you.

Thanks for reading,

my name
address
phone #

Don't hold back so. Tell him how you really feel. :wink2:

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone get a email back from Glen Smithson saying "you distress easily"?

No but I have one just as good from him, I just hadn't had time to post this yet.
Late last night I got a read receipt from the e-mail I sent him (and the other turncoats last week) saying deleted without reading. So I resent the e-mail to him again and got a message back saying my e-mail has been blocked by recipient. So I sent another thinking it’s a fluke. WRONG the SOB blocked my e-mail address.
That was the only e-mail I had sent him so I can’t figure out why it would be blocked other than he can’t handle the truth from a Republican.

hullxsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point all that matters is our ability to vote. Not very many posts claimed to desire a cowboy style open carry but still conceal without concern of "printing." Let's all focus, regroup and work towards next term. It will finally be change we can believe in.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Here is what I wrote.

Mr Smithson,

Shame on you.

Thanks for reading,

my name
address
phone #

I think you should have told him how you really feel...LMAO!!!! :thumbup3: for informing your representative your position on the bill!!! 10 thumbs up!

jwcoop

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
His statement made me wonder why he became a state trooper.

If this guy is an example of retired - or active - state troopers, we're in a heap of hurt. I grew up being taught to admire and respect LEOs, but when you find out they look at we peons as "cowards," it makes you wonder. I respect differing opinions regarding open carry, but to attribute cowardice to those who support the position is uncalled for. And Smithson has made darned sure folks know he is a former trooper, so his comments are NOT separated from his former profession.

I'd think every LEO who doesn't feel that way would want to stand up and publicly disagree with Smithson, especially any who frequent these boards. I know in my own former profession, it was imperative that we stand for respectful behavior by "our own," and occasionally had to offer public chastisement for those who jumped the fence, so to speak. Peer pressure is very effective.

To paraphrase former Union Army General Carl Shurz,
My (profession,) right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.”

What say ye, LEOs?

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this guy is an example of retired - or active - state troopers, we're in a heap of hurt. I grew up being taught to admire and respect LEOs, but when you find out they look at we peons as "cowards," it makes you wonder. I respect differing opinions regarding open carry, but to attribute cowardice to those who support the position is uncalled for. And Smithson has made darned sure folks know he is a former trooper, so his comments are NOT separated from his former profession.

I'd think every LEO who doesn't feel that way would want to stand up and publicly disagree with Smithson, especially any who frequent these boards. I know in my own former profession, it was imperative that we stand for respectful behavior by "our own," and occasionally had to offer public chastisement for those who jumped the fence, so to speak. Peer pressure is very effective.

To paraphrase former Union Army General Carl Shurz,
My (profession,) right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right.”

What say ye, LEOs?

++1 I totally agree.

jones_dw

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have been studying the revised CC and it appears that if this had passed as written we would still have been penalized for imprinting. It reads like you either open carry or conceal completely. Does any one else see this in the wording?

Latest posts

Top Bottom