HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have been studying the revised CC and it appears that if this had passed as written we would still have been penalized for imprinting. It reads like you either open carry or conceal completely. Does any one else see this in the wording?

That is what I asked in one post after someone else said something about this. If it is either or, I don't want it.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is what I asked in one post after someone else said something about this. If it is either or, I don't want it.

would printing fall under "partially visible"

"“Unconcealed handgun” means a loaded or unloaded pistol
carried upon the person in a belt holster that is wholly or
partially visible, or carried upon the person in a scabbard or case
designed for carrying firearms that is wholly or partially visible;"

they just need to remove the word "detection" from the current law.

"Concealed handgun means a loaded or unloaded pistol carried hidden from the detection and view of another person either upon or about the person, in a purse or other container belonging to the person, or in a vehicle which is operated by the person or in which the person is riding as a passenger;"

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
here is the simple solution.we just need to ammend the constitution.It currently reads thusly:

The right of a citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his
home, person, or property, or in aid of the civil power, when
thereunto legally summoned, shall never be prohibited; but
nothing herein contained shall prevent the Legislature from
regulating the carrying of weapons
we need to remove the last statement so it reads:

thereunto legally summoned, shall never be prohibited;

that is more in keeping with the federal 2nd amendment.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here is the simple solution.we just need to ammend the constitution.It currently reads thusly:

thereunto legally summoned, shall never be prohibited; but
nothing herein contained shall prevent the Legislature from
regulating the carrying of weapons
we need to remove the last statement so it reads:

thereunto legally summoned, shall never be prohibited;

that is more in keeping with the federal 2nd amendment.

YUP that would cover it nicely..... good idea....:clap3:

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. I have a simplistic question that I would like a defiinitive answer to. No I am not bating for a flame war I am just tired of not being able to get a firm grasp of the rules due to reports of what appears to be misconduct (well intended or not) on the part of some individuals in positions of authority:

Regarding a recent post regarding a LEO and a property owner wherein the LEO got spooked by the property owners partially exposed weapon (carried legally supposedly on his property) and proceeded to order him to the ground. While admittedly I don't know the circumstances in detail but I have personally witnessed very poor conduct in what apperas to be the same vein.

A) Is it legal to carry open on your own property?

1) If not then does the stand my ground law run afoul of the rules in that if you were to defend a person or belonging on your property with a firearm you can't easily conceal (like a shotgun)? Because essentially you have exposed and brandished a weapon.

B) What other gotcha's are built into the law?

Too much complexity for something that should be very simple.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oops I think I got the wrong forum with that post. Feel free to answer anyway.
Hey DBarker I am a licensed Extra Class. Used to do SkyWarn and RACES. Won't put my call out here for obvious reasons - I used to be in cyber security so tend to be a bit more careful with my personals around certain crowds (no one here mind you - yet).

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. I have a simplistic question that I would like a defiinitive answer to. No I am not bating for a flame war I am just tired of not being able to get a firm grasp of the rules due to reports of what appears to be misconduct (well intended or not) on the part of some individuals in positions of authority:

Regarding a recent post regarding a LEO and a property owner wherein the LEO got spooked by the property owners partially exposed weapon (carried legally supposedly on his property) and proceeded to order him to the ground. While admittedly I don't know the circumstances in detail but I have personally witnessed very poor conduct in what apperas to be the same vein.

1) If not then does the stand my ground law run afoul of the rules in that if you were to defend a person or belonging on your property with a firearm you can't easily conceal (like a shotgun)? Because essentially you have exposed and brandished a weapon.

First off I'm surly not one that can answer all your questions according the the law books.

But I know several people that do OC on there own property. I would assume its legal as the folks working at H&H guns in OKC open carry there. If OCing on private propery wasn't legal you would think someone would have put a stop to it there long ago given the number of people that go in and out of there each day.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

PM sent.:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom