Help BATF Enforce The Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.nranews.com/blogarticle.aspx?blogPostId=98

12/18/2006

There's someone out there telling folks to buy guns illegally, and I think it's time we put a stop to it. He's directing contract employees to walk into gun stores, lie on the paperwork about who's buying the gun, and walk out after making a straw purchase.

Even worse, he's bragging about what he's doing. He's holding press conferences to tell the world about what he's done, but so far law enforcement doesn't seem to be listening.

Well, I think it's time we help out the ATF agents that enforce our nation's gun laws. We need to call their Illegal Gun Hotline at 1-800-ATF-GUNS (that's 1-800-283-4867) and alert them to this illegal firearms activity. Tell them that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is hiring private investigators to initiate straw purchases in several states, and you want them to enforce the law.

Oh, I know Bloomberg says he wants to rid New York's streets of illegal guns. But he's not asking for help from local law enforcement agents. He's not asking for the help of the ATF. He's not even using his own police department.

Bloomberg is using his own private army of investigators to lie on the paperwork in order to sue the small business gun dealers, alleging that they're to blame for the lies they've been told. And once he sues, he offers the trapped gun dealers a devil's bargain: Give Bloomberg all of your business documents, and the lawsuit goes away.

Have you ever wondered why Bloomberg wants to know who's buying guns in Georgia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and elsewhere? If this were really about stopping a criminal's ability to get a gun, we'd be talking criminal trials, not civil suits.

No, this is about Bloomberg gathering information that he can use to ban more guns that he doesn't like. And from what I've seen, there's not a gun out there that meets with Bloomberg's approval.

If Bloomberg wants to ban all guns, we'll fight him in Congress and in statehouses. But he shouldn't be ordering people to break the law to get his way. Lying on the firearms purchase forms is a crime, and the ATF needs to investigate these straw purchases. It's up to us to hold their feet to the fire.

Audio

http://www.nranews.com/blogmedia/98/WLP_12_18_06_CallACrookACrook.mp3

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we are ever going to prevail over the forces of darkness in the long term, we have to learn how to think and act strategically. This means looking beyond the obvious and thinking a little.

A former US Army Special Forces operator told me a few years ago about how rewarding it is to use the enemy's weapons and resources against him. That's exactly what Wayne LaPierre is suggesting we do in this article.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be missing something here, but why would Bloomberg sue the gun dealer if he didn't know it was a straw purchase? I a person goes into a store with fake douments, fills out the proper forms, the dealers calls it in, it comes back OK, so he sells him the guns, why should he be at fault if the background check checked out OK? Shouldn't the BATFE (or whomever he called it into) be at fault for not catching a bogus name, address and SSN? I could see if a group of gangbangers came in and one guy points out 4 guns and somebody else purchases them, hang him out to dry, but if a guy doesn't know he's doing wrong WTFO?

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HVYCHVY said:
I may be missing something here, but why would Bloomberg sue the gun dealer if he didn't know it was a straw purchase?

Um, as an easy way of closing many shops without the funds to defend themselves from the power and money of NYC? :anyone:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
skyydiver said:
Um, as an easy way of closing many shops without the funds to defend themselves from the power and money of NYC? :anyone:

*ding* *ding* *ding*
"Tell him what he's won,Johnny!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom