Help finding defense handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Look into the Ruger SR22. Very easy to rack the slide, 10 rounds of .22LR stinger's, backed up by two or three magazines. Will most likely ruin a bad guys day. Trigger is DA/SA, and very easy to operate.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Look into the Ruger SR22. Very easy to rack the slide, 10 rounds of .22LR stinger's, backed up by two or three magazines. Will most likely ruin a bad guys day. Trigger is DA/SA, and very easy to operate.

Love my SR22. Got the TK+5 Wingman bumpers to up the mag capacity to 15 and get a little more purchase on the grip. Works great.

Last edited by a moderator:

James41

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he's that frail, then he might not be able to pull the trigger on a cheap revolver. Some of those triggers suck!

Boy you have that right. When i bought my Ruger i tried about 5 other major brands and some of the trigger pulls were outrageous. I purchased the Ruger specifically because of the trigger pull.

For something small, easy to shoot and quite effective i would recommend the Ruger LCR 38spl +P . Has a really easy smooth trigger pull and is capable of better accuracy than he will have i'm sure, speaking from experience i'm 78. This has become pretty much my every day carry gun as it is so small that concealed carry is no problem, so light you forget it is there, yet has enough punch with just standard 38spl loads to get the job done. The +P loads bring it almost up to a .357, but the added recoil would probably not be to his liking.

Ya, i know a lot of people are gonna cry and complain because it is only a 5 shot weapon. But in all honesty if you can't get the job done with 5 shots your more than likely are not going to get it done with 10/15/20 shots. Of course i am talking about a 1 on 1, not a gang bang.

Latest posts

Top Bottom