Here's a tough one... Near Enid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neverjeg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The indoor range north of Enid, Northern Oklahoma Shooting Center, is being rebuilt. The range itself was unhurt - the building around it was destroyed. They are putting the frame up now and last I heard the steel building was in. I suspect it will be a few more months, but I believe Cecil is planning to have a nicer facility with heat/air and better lighting. The air changer inside is also getting some additional horsepower.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless, I'd rather go to an outdoor range. Cecil is a nice ol man but I like having the option of just leaving when I'm done shooting. Not hearing hours of Hunting stories and his entire family geneology dating back to the 1400's. He can be a bit much

keeper7011

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go out there every couple of weeks. It's not bad, just real windy some days. Haven't been out there since all the rain, just hope the road hasn't washed out! LOL

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you have to be a member to get out there and judging by what I read on their website they only take new members 4 times a year and next time is october. If there is a way to become a member more immediately I would jump on it.

TR could probably fill us in on this.

What are you shooting hog?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this thread. You are correct; new members are only accepted four times per year. I don't know if they (the officers) would make an exception or not. It is possible to take a visitor to the range, but they don't make it easy. If I understand the process correctly, the member taking a guest to the range must meet with a club officer and get a guest badge, for which a $20.00 deposit must be paid. The guest must be accompanied by the sponsoring member, and must wear the badge while on the range. The member must then return the badge to the officer in order to recover his/her $20.00 deposit. I would be willing to take you out there, but I'm off to Germany in a few days and will not be back in Enid until early October. If you haven't joined by then, PM me during the second week of October and I'll be happy to get a guest badge and take you and hogslayer out there.

neverjeg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless, I'd rather go to an outdoor range. Cecil is a nice ol man but I like having the option of just leaving when I'm done shooting. Not hearing hours of Hunting stories and his entire family geneology dating back to the 1400's. He can be a bit much

All you gotta do is say, I have to run and he'll cut you loose right then - mid sentence. :bolt: But if you sit/stand there listening he'll go all day

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live South of Enid about 8 Miles, There are a couple of place outdoors to shoot within a mile. No restrictions, other than you can not shoot like a crazed idot spinning around.. The Gun Club is once every 3 Months there meeting was a couple of weeks ago, also kinda costly depending on how much you would use the range. Canton Lake also has an Outdoor range you must have a valid Hunting Licence to use the range, although it may a little futher than you are willing to travel, it does offer shaded pavillions and lots to shoot at. I have Pistol or rifle 100yard, 200 yard. Just let me know. PM for contact info to :gun1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom