Hey musicians...Let's see your instrument!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunlovinokie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some pix of a custom built Red LLama Clone i got last night
ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y11_anubae_obscura_GEAR_Image0091.jpg

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y11_anubae_obscura_GEAR_Image0141.jpg

Sounds stellar!

anubae_obscura = me on a musicians forum. Couple of em actually :D

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of building ARs,buying boats and cars and motorcycles,collecting stuff,playing golf,taking expensive vacations,etcetcetc- I buy guitars and gear (and a few guns here and there). Been playing since I was 9,been accumulating gear since I was 16. I'm just turned 40. My first guitar was an old used classical guitar that my instructor gave to me. Then after a few years of lessons and when I got better at it my grandfather had me a custom made Rodriquez classical guitar made from the man himself,who was a friend of my grandfathers. He had made violins for my violinist grandfather. Then at 16 when I first started playing electric I bought an old 74' Les Paul Standard,a beat to hell Marshall JMP-50 head with an old Marshall cab from a pawn shop in LA. Still have em. Ive been a Marshall amp fanatic ever since.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Rack gear:
Digitech GSP1101 preamp/effects processors(live,rehearsal rigs;recording)
Fractal AX-FX Ultra preamp/effects processor(live-direct to PA;recording-direct to board)
TC Electronic GMajor effects processors(to match up w/ Marshall JMP-1 preamps)
Marshall JMP-1 preamps(live,large venue rig)
Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc 100/100 stereo power amps(large venue rack rigs)
Peavey Classic 50/50 stereo power amp(small venue rack rig)
Rocktron noise reduction units
BBE sonic maximizers
Furman power conditioners

Speaker cabinets,speakers:
Marshall 1960 cabs;Rocktron Velocity S112 1x12 cabs;Celestion speakers

Rehearsal,demo recording amp:
Peavey 5150 combo

Floorboard:
Dunlop 535Q wah;Digitech midi preamp/processor floor controller

My 2 main gigging/recording guitars at the moment: ESP M1000,Schecter DamienFR.(I carry a backup for each guitar, same model). I can cover 4 tunings with 2 guitars w/Floyds- Dstandard,dropC,Cstandard,dropBb.

(Guitar mods,gear: Ernie Ball Power Slinky strings/.11-.48;EMG 81 pickups;Sperzel tuning machines;Earvana compensated nuts;Floyd Rose tremelos;Dunlop #6100 fretwire;Gotoh battery boxes;Schaller straplocks;Planetwaves custom straps;Dunlop nylon,tortex,gel picks;PickBoy,Clayton custom picks;Mogami,Planetwaves,Livewire-instrument cables;Warwick Rockstand portable multiple guitar stand).

I only posted pics of the gear that I'm currently using gigging and recording. I have a ton of gear stored away in my 'mini warehouse' of a home studio/shop- vintage and modern. I build and sell rack stage rigs to other gigging and touring guitarists out of my home shop.

(Other guitars I own not being used right now: 74' Gibson Les Paul Standard,77' Fender Strat,88' Fender Strat 'Blackie' reissue,2 87' Charvel Model 2s,76' Rodriguez C-3 classical,custom built Fender DoubleFatStrat,ESP-LTD EC1000,ESP-LTD EC-400,ESP-LTD Viper 400,ESP-LTD MH-400,ESP-LTD MHB-400 baritone,ESP-LTD MH-300,Ibanez s520ex,Ibanez s620,Jackson Soloist,Jackson DXMG,Jackson DKMG,Jackson KE3 Kelly,Schecter Omen6,Agile Interceptor 7string,Ibanez V70 acoustic-electric).(Other amps I own: 76' Marshall JMP-50,78' Marshall JCM800,2 Mesa MKIVs,4 Peavey 5150s& a 6505,Randall RH100& an RG100).

My mom taught piano out of our home when I was a kid but I sucked pretty bad at it so I started taking formal classical guitar lessons at about 9. By 16 I was teaching classes at a local guitar shop and playing in rock bands around where I lived in the San Diego area, as well as around southern California. I moved to San Francisco/bay area after highschool. Played in seems like a hundred crappy thrash metal and punk bands around the bay area while going to art school and apprenticing in tattoo shops on the side. I started playing in bands in 88' and gladly missed out on the hair metal scene,that was going on down in LA. I was always more into the extreme metal types of bands anyways.
Me and my ex moved out east in 99' for her to open a tattoo shop and for me to join a band in Des Moines Iowa. I'm currently still in that band in Des Moines as well as a few other projects. Besides playing in a regular band I'm sort of a mercenary musician- I take gigs in friends bands or projects where they need a temporary metal guitarist. Off time over the years Ive done a bit of session recording work. I play modern hard rock and modern metal,industrial metal,extreme metal,instrumental metal,etcetc. Playing extreme metal styles though has not been the road to riches I thought it would be when I started out in bands at 16. Far from it. The type of music I like to play isnt and has never been a big money maker. Now as I get older I'm starting to see that I have to play more radio friendly styles even though its not where my heart is. But I cant do much else and I'm too old to learn something else. I also pretty much suck at everything else there is to make money,and you have to have money when its time to pay the bills. Giving guitar lessons and building rigs thankfully supplements my gigging income. I can see the day ahead though when I will not be playing to make money and I will have to go to work at the tattoo shop full time,or go back to school and learn something new. There arent any 401k or retirement plans for musicians, even if youre in the union.

I'm currently replacing a guitarist with old friends in a resurrected band,a southern metal band 'On A Pale Horse';I'm in talks with the punk/metal band 'Earth A.D.' about going out with them;in the modern rock/metal radio friendly band 'Blackdeadheart'; and a side project,an industrial/instrumental/horror/extreme metal band called 'DeadSkinDust'.

some demos: http://www.myspace.com/blackdeadheart

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its hard to say if its 'the best'. It is very good. And I do like the Ultra better than the previous older unit. Theyve improved the algorithyms and added alot more memory. But at $2k its very expensive. The half as expensive 11Rack is a good unit and is getting alot of use from alot of players as is the $500 Digitech GSP1101,of which I have a couple that I use in my live and recording racks. The Fractal I use mostly for when running direct to PA boards or if I will be using a provided backline at a gig. As you can see,I only use one effects pedal- a wah. Its all I need. As a metal and industrial metal player who uses EMG active pickups in all my guitars a rack based rig just makes my sound. I still use tube power amps and still get alot of tube sag in my distortion. That Marshall 9200 is a 200watt power amp. Anything plugged up and played thru that thing is just going to be loud as all ****.

gunlovinokie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its hard to say if its 'the best'. It is very good. And I do like the Ultra better than the previous older unit. Theyve improved the algorithyms and added alot more memory. But at $2k its very expensive. The half as expensive 11Rack is a good unit and is getting alot of use from alot of players as is the $500 Digitech GSP1101,of which I have a couple that I use in my live and recording racks. The Fractal I use mostly for when running direct to PA boards or if I will be using a provided backline at a gig. As you can see,I only use one effects pedal- a wah. Its all I need. As a metal and industrial metal player who uses EMG active pickups in all my guitars a rack based rig just makes my sound. I still use tube power amps and still get alot of tube sag in my distortion. That Marshall 9200 is a 200watt power amp. Anything plugged up and played thru that thing is just going to be loud as all ****.

Metal huh?

Im a metal head too :D
Whats your bands name? i have some youtube clips if you wanna check my stuff out. Been in bands off and on since i was 16. Not in one for awhile now...Bedroom rockstar i guess lol.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm jealous dude! Your toys are way cooler than mine! Their needs to be a way to post sound bites of us playing! I am a hobbyist at best and I suck really bad, but I have fun trying. I would like to hear some of you serius players stuff.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get ya one of these. A Zoom H4. I have one and theyre perfect to capture a riff and Email to a band mate,record your bands gig,build 4track songs and make MP3s or burn to CD,use as a computer interface,etcetcetc. (I even have an extra one for sale). I got mine in the beginning just to record my kids jazz band shows and they came out awesome. I have a ton of recording gear but this little recorder is amazing.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMH4

Heres mine:
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom