High end AR’s, diminishing returns, and reliability.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because Sig and Aero have quite a few QC issues . They can be ok after you usually fix some stuff but there's a lot of documented problems with rifles from both concerning QC problems some major and a lot of minor ones that end users usually have to address . Once all the QC problems are sorted they can be ok guns though .

Buy once cry once is a good piece of advise
I have heard Aero better than PSA but based on what you are saying, is PSA a better choice?

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard Aero better than PSA but based on what you are saying, is PSA a better choice?

I think they're equivalent not better , PSA rifles have had QC issues as well . In that respect they are more alike than different , I think PSA has a better customer service reputation than Aero or Sig IMHO your mileage may vary .

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll plug Primary Weapons Systems any chance I get. Long stroke piston system, and my experience was excellent - that was on a MK111 upper as well as their Mk216 .308. Very accurate, very pleasant to shoot. High quality guns.
Since the new flavor of the month ATF overreach I sold the 11” to someone with an SBR lower who can use it, and purchased a Larue mid length upper on the advice of @JEVapa. No range time as of yet, but I’m impressed with the build quality and their upper design.

I had an MR556 years ago, sold it after one trip to the range. Wouldn’t buy another. Heavy and had a harsh recoil impulse, and would only work with Mil spec triggers - not a huge deal, but something to note.

IMO KAC isn’t worth nearly what they want for their rifles. I’ve read of some QC issues but that’s just reading, not experience.

I’ve never heard a bad first hand experience with BCM but I think they’ve gotten to be a little overpriced for what they offer.

DD puts out good stuff, I’ve shot a couple of their higher end package offerings and liked them, but last I saw they were supporting some gun control BS and won’t give them any of my money.

My experience with RRA has been stellar, with a carbine length upper that will shoot ragged holes repeatedly. That being said, I think there’s significantly higher quality companies out there.

If I buy another, it’ll be PWS or Larue for me.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why did SIG and Aero get the axe on your chart? I am actually encouraged that you axed Aero but not DPMS or PSA (same company now).
If Sig gets that contract for the M7 across the board, you can bet your ass that you and anyone else with a Sig will be relying on 3rd party parts for support, because Sig doesnt give a **** about their customers now. 100 times worse if they get that contract. They will turn into Colt

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig doesn't make a striker fired handgun I'd buy, personally. I carried a P220 for quite a while and really liked it. I just don't care for their new generation polymer guns.

And I really never liked their rifles. Most of their stuff just doesn't feel right to me. But, they sure are popular.

Latest posts

Top Bottom