High end AR’s, diminishing returns, and reliability.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is a Kia mechanic. He would argue that point passionately.

As for the ARs - I have only fairly recently come out of the closet and started shooting one. It's fairly high-end upper, poverty lower, with good optics. It's works every time, and is very accurate. It's really amazing how open and helpful all the AR owners and builders are, and it's an endless array of options when it comes to artificial enhancement devices. There's a plastic add-on for every desire, and most hardcore AR folks own many ARs in different configurations, which I guess makes them polyARmorous. It truly is a welcoming group that doesn't judge, and I'm proud to say that even though I use to discriminate against AR owners, I'm now an ally.

You feelin ok? That was a positive, complimentary post, with no sarcasm? or was there? Damn..... you're playing 4D chess aren't you?!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
AR’s are so cheap to build and they are fun to put together. I’d rather have 4-5 $500 guns in various calibers than 1 2-3000 gun.
I’ve put together or helped build a dozen or more. The only issues I’ve ever had with QC was Spikes lowers. One has a takedown hole out of spec and one had a trigger pin hole out of spec.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Sig gets that contract for the M7 across the board, you can bet your ass that you and anyone else with a Sig will be relying on 3rd party parts for support, because Sig doesnt give a **** about their customers now. 100 times worse if they get that contract. They will turn into Colt
Yeah, they make a great product and have good innovations, but their customer service and parts support has been lacking for years; thx for the heads up on the M7 thing...I stay away form their pistols anyway.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those who haven't watched this , its why I said earlier Aero isn't the end all of quality but they are decent enough guns once you fix all the QC problems and replace some parts that weren't up to snuff.

They are a better budget offering though than a BCA or whatever poverty options are out there .

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AR’s are so cheap to build and they are fun to put together. I’d rather have 4-5 $500 guns in various calibers than 1 2-3000 gun.
I’ve put together or helped build a dozen or more. The only issues I’ve ever had with QC was Spikes lowers. One has a takedown hole out of spec and one had a trigger pin hole out of spec.
First valuable comment ‘award’, about specs that is!:-). Actual specifics and examples and chit.

Seriously, love this threat. A little to hurt just about everyone’s feelings and even includes not just charts but pencil-whipped charts. Which I’m trying to save in the clean version and can’t seem to. Tiers!!! Man I got to have that.

I’ve built three. Thought I was doing good, until page 3 was it?😂. Frigging AERO, they said it would be good and now you tell me this.

Btw, underwhelmed by spikes too. Have an upper and lower someone could have cheap.

And at this very moment I have opportunity for the asking at an FN-15, around $13ish (and thinking on it); and coincidentally I know of an unfired Knights Armament that would be available at 5k (not thinking on it). So talk about a timely pool to stick my toe in. I’m almost smiling while I read.

Latest posts

Top Bottom