Homeowner's Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shopped around everywhere last year when I bought my (personal) house. I have all my insurance including rental property through State Farm but thought it was a little high on my new house. Liberty Mutual was ~$800 cheaper than State Farm so I went with them. Several companies were not taking new customers for homes at all or not taking new customers for homes only. I've never made a claim on any house so I don't know how Liberty Mutual will handle the claim compared to State Farm, but for $800 per year, I'll risk it the first time at least.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't really say cost comparatively as it's been a while since I shopped for insurance but I have State Farm homeowners and vehicle with no complaints but no claims either.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had Farm Bureau for auto. Had a drunk, who didn't have insurance, t-bone my parked vehicle and totaled it while parked in my driveway. You would have thought I was the drunk one. Took me four months to get check from them. They paid, but it was stressful.

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State Farm has been great on my auto policy and saved me a ton of money when I switched to them from American National. They have good life policies as well but I paid over $1300 for my 1100 sf home last year and that just seemed a bit high to me.

My agent has been slacking too so I may just renew with an OKC agent rather than the small town guy I am using now.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have had Hartford for both house and car since 2000. I have had several claims house (shingles) car (some lady hit my tahoe while it was parked) both claims where handled extraordinarily and they still like me. I thought about using in town agents so I took my polices to 4 agents and they said they could not touch the price. Oh, this is Hartford though AARP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom