How many "sits" have you done this season???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried to add up this years hunts....
Looking back on this last season I'm thinking I had about 62 sits in the stand or blind.
If I averaged 4 hours per hunt, that's almost 250 hours of sitting on my butt waiting on a dang deer LOL

What's y'all's season look like? How many times did you step in the woods this year?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deer, I spent 36 days in the stand or blind. Most from daylight to dark. One doe for results. Terrible year for me, and a terrible year for deer populations.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least twice a week every week through October and November. Enough time, I had to choose hunting or a girlfriend. I chose hunting. Harvesting a buck an 1/8" under 160 was worth telling her goodbye. Lol

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least twice a week every week through October and November. Enough time, I had to choose hunting or a girlfriend. I chose hunting. Harvesting a buck an 1/8" under 160 was worth telling her goodbye. Lol

That's what I'm talking about lol
Wise decision my friend, very wise...

Looking back on a few more numbers....
I put over 6500 miles and burnt 395 gallons of fuel on the suburban for deer hunting and just over 1000 more miles and burnt another 75 gallons on the pathfinder driving to stands, checking cams, feeders etc.
All for 4 deer lol
I think I'd of had better luck just buying beef lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not near as much as most years. I've kept track of most years for the past 10 or so, neglected to keep up with it this year though. Thinking back, about 25 days this year, only 5 all day sits. Two does taken by myself, one by my daughter.....pretty much the same story as Dennis.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you keep a log Dennis?
For the past couple years I've said I'm gonna start logging all my hunts but seems like I always over look it by the time season starts.
Maybe next season I'll start one...

I don't keep a log. I spend the time in the stand reading. I've hunted the same places so much that a log would just be redundant.
I spent so much time in the stand because I just knew there had to be more deer than what I'd seen. Kept waiting for something to happen and it never did.

That's when I realized that our deer population took a terrible hit from the drought.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya I'm with you and Bobby. What little hunting I did I oklahoma, showed very little deer compared the normal.
ML out west was bad, real bad. I let my buddy and his friend hunt that place rifle while I was gone. They both killed bucks (his buddy killed a 157" 10) but they only saw a few deer total. Which is very odd for that place!

Latest posts

Top Bottom