How many "sits" have you done this season???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oOVEGGIEOo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been here every weekend except 2 probably. At least once per weekend. Probably 30 sits including a couple weekdays. Probably sat all day 10 of those. Yeah, my gas budget is screaming with the expedition. And I agree that deer numbers seem down.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only hunt MZ and Rifle. Hunted 12 times, some afternoon, some morning. Killed 6, not a bad ratio, but I've got two places to hunt that are overpopulated with deer.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I hunted more this year than I ever have. Been out since October 1st at least 60 times. Let a lot of small bucks and does pass, but never had a chance at anything big and only even got a glimpse of big bucks maybe 2 or 3 times. Never with any opportunity to shoot. During rifle I hunted till about the last couple of days and just decided to take a little 6 point just to get some meat. Looooooooooong bad year for me. I like being in the woods, but it almost felt like I was forcing myself to go this last few times.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 - ML one sit nothing, Rifle shot buck opening morning and 2 does that evening.

I did sit one more time with a friends son and he killed a buck.

Not bad ratio 4 sits, 4 deer.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done 15+ "sits" as you call it during youth and gun season. Probably 4 hours each sit. Saw nothing during youth season. Got a shot at a nice buck during gun season. The buck chasing the doe was the only 2 deer I saw. Numbers were really down where I hunt.

Last edited:

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kept a log of sorts, mainly just listing the days I hunted and what I saw each day. I had around 40 "sits" a few were all day, dark to dark. I killed a nice 16 point buck that's at the taxidermist and a doe, pretty good year for me, wish I had taken another doe or two though.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had 38 sits this year, wife had 34. Killed two deer, which isn't nearly enough if you ask me. Now, it's time to turn our attention to some feathered game, see if we can't get a few geese on the ground. Goose meat isn't nearly as yummy as deer, but i'l still eat it!

The wife keeps mentioning doing a hog hunt, I think we're going to try to do a guided hunt in TX this spring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom