How many "sits" have you done this season???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckRoar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed the fawns were lower this year.
But still plenty of deer in general. We killed the biggest buck off of our lease this year (192"+).
One of our best years 9 bucks and 12 does.
My kids did good. My 13yo killed 3 does with his bow, a gun buck and a gun doe!
I didn't kill a thing!! The most hunting have done in years. Very frustrating. I think during gun I didn't adjust to them being in the woods more than fields this year.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But you still had a hellova season with the freaking STUD you took!

Hey, I am not saying that it wasn't a decent season. :-)

It's funny, because I had more action in that short hunt than I had all season when it comes to mature shooter bucks. The rut was rocking hard though and I consider it a little luck that the hunt timed out so well with the rut.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I sat 18-20 times,mostly with a bow.lost a decent deer with the bow early on. would have hunted more but got my deer opening day of gun season. I left the woods to the gun guys until the holiday doe hunt then on to the 15th to wrap up the season. we saw more bucks on our lease than ever. only two does were taken because the rest were with fawns. I'm hoping our place didn't get hit as bad as some. we had a good acorn harvest and good water. the wheat and milo did well as we were kind of on the edge of the really dry conditions to the west and northwest

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I am not saying that it wasn't a decent season. :-)

It's funny, because I had more action in that short hunt than I had all season when it comes to mature shooter bucks. The rut was rocking hard though and I consider it a little luck that the hunt timed out so well with the rut.

When you consistently do it like you do on public.
That's not luck brother....

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's really intriguing to go through all the responses on this thread. You can almost see what it takes to say that a season was a success or enjoyable for folks. Some seem to enjoy just being out there, while others seem to base it on how successful they were in the field, E.I. - number of deer killed. There is no one answer that's better than the other, it's just interesting to read through them.

And I really appreciate it AllOut. This next season will be a big learning season for me again as the wife and I relocated at the new year. :-) Time to learn a new WMA.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't really have an answer for this thread, as I don't really sit when I hunt. I guess 5 or 6 while I was in Mexico, but generally if I'm hunting, then I'm covering as much ground as possible.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't really have an answer for this thread, as I don't really sit when I hunt. I guess 5 or 6 while I was in Mexico, but generally if I'm hunting, then I'm covering as much ground as possible.

Which means if you were hunting on my ground you would have seen zero deer and had no shot opportunities! Just sayin... Your lucky to have places to hunt where you can cover ground and hunt, it just doesn't work on my spots, we have tried it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom