How many "sits" have you done this season???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
16 sits. once in the morning, once in the evening...3 hours each.

saw about dozen does, 4-5 bucks (6 was biggest, and they we're squirrel heads) two handfuls of coons, 1 skunk and one hog (and it was on the game cam). nothing worth wasting ammo on though, everything was too small.

I'm looking forward to a good fur hunt/camping trip in March!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kept track '07 through '10 and had around 220-230 on stand hours each of those years. This year I had maybe half that. Maybe.

I without a doubt got a little burned out over the last few years. Especially early season hunting. Or in the heat and wind. A freezing day spitting icy rain and I'll drop everything to hunt, but good luck getting me out in early season 84 degree weather.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha!!! You kept your gf during hunting season. I am still trying to find one who likes hunting that she will go with me. Then she can't complain about never seeing me.

I agree with the majority. I like keeping hunting to myself. I require (minimum) a.) 5+ day camping vacation with my best friend b.) Several weekend canoe/hiking/fishing trips with best friend [no girlfriends - they do come on some trips] c.) Opening weekend of rifle d.) Every rut weekend d.) Any draw hunt and e.) A couple wildcard days/weekends.

Weekday trips don't count against me. Coming home and begrudgingly showering and going out to eat after returning from a trip gives me a one (1) day credit. Me purposefully lying about when I'll be home gives her a...reason to be angry when I go again regardless? What, am I supposed to be scared of an angry woman? Please. I was raised by an angry woman and she never killed me. I was a lot smaller back then too.

People say, wow RH, you be gone long time all time. How you maintain relationship? To them I say rarely. Rarely do I date a girl more than 3-6 months. The current has endured 2 deer seasons. A record for me. If she cracks next season and can't take it, you'll find me in the fast lane with the cruise set on 82, bound for the woods, driving with my knees and shoveling an overstuffed meatball sub into my fat mouth with a spork, Marshall Tucker's 'Searchin for a Rainbow' blasting out from the speakers. Same as you'd find me any given day. Stay true to yourselves, kids.

You can eat a woman (well, you know what I mean), you can't drink her (legally), and unless she's real big, you can't use her for shelter. So never be all that scared of losing one. - Goethe

Latest posts

Top Bottom