How many "sits" have you done this season???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea how many sits I made, but I'm sure my ol lady can tell you, to the minute, how much I was gone. :) I hunted at least once a day from October 1 to December 1, probably missed a few days in there due to not wanting to be single again. I am so blessed to have location and a job where I can go sit every morning and stumble into work, then leave early and go sit again for the evening.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea how many sits I made, but I'm sure my ol lady can tell you, to the minute, how much I was gone. :) I hunted at least once a day from October 1 to December 1, probably missed a few days in there due to not wanting to be single again. I am so blessed to have location and a job where I can go sit every morning and stumble into work, then leave early and go sit again for the evening.

Ha!!! You kept your gf during hunting season. I am still trying to find one who likes hunting that she will go with me. Then she can't complain about never seeing me.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I easily had about 80-90 sits. It was like once everyday, twice on sat and sun for about 2-2.5 hours a sit. I didnt fling an arrow till late november. Saw plenty of deer early season, but i dont know if i was mentally prepared to take their life yet. First 5 shots were clean misses. 3 misses on same 4 point different days. Two misses on one day, ran out of broadheads and watched the doe I missed come back and feast on my corn. Got caught in the draw 4 times, watched the deer run away. One was a nice none typical chocolate rack buck. Shots 6 (12/23) & 7 (1/3) got me deer! One more sit left. That about sums up my season. Good luck to everyone going out today.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all are going at it all wrong. Never get a gf that loves to hunt. My gf "likes" to hunt if it is 60 degrees and not too windy. That is good enough for me right there. She'll get out there once or twice, get all dolled up in her camo, do her thing, shoot a doe maybe, and be done, and we're both happy. I got to take her out, she got a doe. You get one that is really into it, and before you know it, you're nothing but a guide. Building her food plots, putting up her stand, sighting her rifle in... and it never ends. ;)

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly!!!! Roos
My ex wife wanted to go every time I went, I didn't get to hunt cause I was busy baby sitting her. Not just that she wanted to go but she always wanted me to sit with her....
Our fights about hunting weren't about me going anymore. Our fights were about me going and not taking her! She thought that if she could go then she should get to. No matter what...
If she couldnt go then I shouldn't go either.

You got it nailed though! Find a fair weather chick that might want to go a litte early season nice day hunts. Mine, she'd go when it was 15 degrees with a 25 mph north wind. Then b*tch about it the whole time.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha!!! You kept your gf during hunting season. I am still trying to find one who likes hunting that she will go with me. Then she can't complain about never seeing me.
I have no desire to take my girlfriend hunting, hunting is my thing. Go shopping or bake or something, just leave me alone during the fall. I promise I'll bring home dead stuff for you to cook.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bahahahaha!!! this is good stuff, my wife loves to fish, and she has mentioned going hunting a couple of times, I haven't taken her yet. She doesn't complain too much about my hunting time away, and she loves to cook and eat venison. I'll probably give in at some point and take her, but she also won't go when it's cold or windy or otherwise not beautiful outside so I think I'm safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom