How much to live on?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The world’s best budgeting app is FREE! If people actually cared about their finances they would get on a budget pay off debt and live with in their means.
Actually live below your means.
Living within your means equals surviving.
If one can live comfortably below their means, that’s where investments and savings happen to grow wealth or cover emergencies without bankrupting those savings.
That makes one comfortable in life always knowing you have a cushion to fall back on.
Way too many people live above their means to impress others or live up to some dream they will never accomplish.
I worked for Bekins Van Lines as a helper right after High School at $2.05 an hour and all the overtime I wanted.
We went into some fancy homes in very nice neighborhoods to move people. Mostly office workers at Conoco that were being transferred to Houston.
The furniture inside was yard sale quality for the most part as they were trying to live above their means. One blip in their lives like an illness, they would have lost it all.
It’s much better to live comfortably.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually live below your means.
Living within your means equals surviving.
If one can live comfortably below their means, that’s where investments and savings happen to grow wealth or cover emergencies without bankrupting those savings.
That makes one comfortable in life always knowing you have a cushion to fall back on.
Way too many people live above their means to impress others or live up to some dream they will never accomplish.
I worked for Bekins Van Lines as a helper right after High School at $2.05 an hour and all the overtime I wanted.
We went into some fancy homes in very nice neighborhoods to move people. Mostly office workers at Conoco that were being transferred to Houston.
The furniture inside was yard sale quality for the most part as they were trying to live above their means. One blip in their lives like an illness, they would have lost it all.
It’s much better to live comfortably.
Well said!
I’m not perfect at it, wife is better than me. It’s our mindset that helps us out a lot.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I get kinda envious as well at the cool toys that I see here, but I know if I spent big money on big things, that Mrs GED would kill me, dismember my corpse and scatter my severed body parts all across SE Oklahoma.

Or, should would at least hold out on the brown chicken, brown cow...which is just about as bad. :grumble:

If she murders you, then who's going to investigate it? It's basically the perfect crime.

In other news this thread is greatly interesting reading. The only thing needed to spice it up is a former member to really hit the Ramsey down everyone's throats.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see these oilfield pups making stupid good money and buying up every toy or house they can. Over leveraged when they could be setting up a real nice retirement.
They seem to think that cash flow is constant and don't consider, that work isn't something their body can keep up with past maybe age 50, if that.
I watched a kid (in his late 20's early 30's) come into the lgs weekly and buying the most expensive guns he could find and bragging about all the other toys he had bought along with new house and Vehicules then when the oilfeild crashed he was struggling to sell everything he had to make ends meet before the bank came and took it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a kid (in his late 20's early 30's) come into the lgs weekly and buying the most expensive guns he could find and bragging about all the other toys he had bought along with new house and Vehicules then when the oilfeild crashed he was struggling to sell everything he had to make ends meet before the bank came and took it.
yep, and thats when I shop for cheap guns or other wise.
There stupidity is my profit.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If she murders you, then who's going to investigate it? It's basically the perfect crime.

In other news this thread is greatly interesting reading. The only thing needed to spice it up is a former member to really hit the Ramsey down everyone's throats.
It sure who that is,
Ramsey’s plan works, well better than the one I had,
just no need to force feed it to ppl.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a lot of nice guns from those folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom