How soon for rolling electrical blackouts in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
December 21st - 23rd, 1989. Kansas City set an all time record low of -23 F. That's with records going back to 1893. OKC was a record -8 F going back to 1948.
I remember a huge storm that came rolling out of Canada that year, but I remembered it happening earlier in the year. My mom was working in the snack bar at the mid-high (a band parents' fundraising venture), so I went to see her while I was between classes at OU. When I went in, it was shorts weather, and when I left an hour later, everything was icing over. Seems like it set some kind of record for a temperature drop.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the ice storm we had years back. We didnt have electricity for 11 days. We survived just fine then, we will survive these blackouts too.
Carry on.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
148856645_3692088757573790_338269080425601658_n.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember being at OSU one March, and standing out in the parking lot talking with someone. I had on a tshirt and jeans - it was a pleasant day with temps in the 60s - and while we talked, bam. A cold wind started blowing out of the north, just like that. We both got bug-eyed at the sudden change in the temperature.

That night, there was freezing rain, then a bit of snow with falling temps. I was due to fly out from Tulsa to Tampa, FL that next morning, and I almost didn’t make it to town due to icy roads. Then the flight was delayed a couple hours, but once we got out, it was smooth sailing. Landed in Tampa, the local temp was about 70 and sunny. Enjoyed a couple days of sun and warmth before the front arrived in the form of temps in the 50s and a constant drizzle. Flew back to Tulsa a few days later, and it was overcast and about 60 with clear roads. Par for the course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom