How Stupid Are You??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was young I will admit I was very stupid. ut I'm not gonna tell you how stupid or what i did.
Reminds me of when I was int he military and a three striper was working and a Major came in and he helped the Major. He asked the Major how he was doing and the Major said, "fat, dumb and happy." The three striper said, I don't know about the fat and happy part. Major got mad and the three striper said, "I didn't; say it you did." The Major just glared at him. This was USAF but I'd bet in the Army his head would have riolled.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stupid, being a relative term, only has meaning if you're compared to a smarter person. The old saying "you can't fix stupid," is actually a misnomer. We all were taught about osmosis in grade school, but I was able to take that a step farther when I studied at the Institute in Vienna. Osmosis may also include a transcendental exchange, which I called a transcendental osmotic experience, where thoughts, information, and yes, even intelligence can flow through the process known as osmosis, but whereas osmosis is an exchange of biological material, transcendental osmosis is more of an exchange of, something like a wi-fi signal. If you're thinking this isn't possible, have you ever been to a party and stood in with a group of people, doctors, lawyers, techies, entrepreneurs, whatever, and when the group disbanded, you stood there and felt "smarter," more aware, a heightened sense of awareness, you start thinking about what all is possible?
Ok, how about the measure of intelligence? That is harder to explain and harder to understand. Remember the movie "Slingblade?" Slingblade had some serious cognitive damage, but remember the scene where two of the town business guys couldn't start the mower, and when Sling walked by they asked him why it wouldn't start, and he stoically answered, "it's outa gas," Which it was. So in a world where smart people do stupid things, and stupid people do smart things, how do you know who's stupid, and who's stupider?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stupid, being a relative term, only has meaning if you're compared to a smarter person. The old saying "you can't fix stupid," is actually a misnomer. We all were taught about osmosis in grade school, but I was able to take that a step farther when I studied at the Institute in Vienna. Osmosis may also include a transcendental exchange, which I called a transcendental osmotic experience, where thoughts, information, and yes, even intelligence can flow through the process known as osmosis, but whereas osmosis is an exchange of biological material, transcendental osmosis is more of an exchange of, something like a wi-fi signal. If you're thinking this isn't possible, have you ever been to a party and stood in with a group of people, doctors, lawyers, techies, entrepreneurs, whatever, and when the group disbanded, you stood there and felt "smarter," more aware, a heightened sense of awareness, you start thinking about what all is possible?
Ok, how about the measure of intelligence? That is harder to explain and harder to understand. Remember the movie "Slingblade?" Slingblade had some serious cognitive damage, but remember the scene where two of the town business guys couldn't start the mower, and when Sling walked by they asked him why it wouldn't start, and he stoically answered, "it's outa gas," Which it was. So in a world where smart people do stupid things, and stupid people do smart things, how do you know who's stupid, and who's stupider?
After reading that, I used to be stupid, now I'm old.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The absolute dumbest thing that I’ve ever done went like this:

I was (18) years old at Bar called The Highway, or Hi-Way, Tavern in Hicksville, NY drinking beer with a friend of mine. About 10:45 pm he remembered that he needed to get a ‘Speeding Ticket’ fixed before midnight. In fact, we were at the bar to meet the guy that could take care of it, but he’d left the Ticket at his Uncle’s house in Levittown, NY. We got in my 1959 Ford Station Wagon and I raced to get the document in time for it to be dropped. The guy who was going to get it taken care of was known as, ‘The Rapper’. He was ‘Connected’, if you know what I mean.

Speeding back, I went through every Stop Sign and Red Traffic Light along the route. When I pulled into the parking lot, a big Police Sergeant in a Station Wagon with the headlights turned off pulled up next to me. He’d opened the passenger window of his vehicle, demanded my Drivers License and said he’d followed me for a few miles and that I’d gone through four Traffic Lights. I got mad because believed he’d tricked me into making my situation worse, so I threw my wallet down on the seat of his vehicle telling him to leave it in my car when he was finished….., then I walked back into the Bar.

I still can’t believe how stupid I was! My friend had preceded me into the Bar. He’d told ‘The Rapper’, what was taking place and this man passed me on his way out the door. About ten minutes later, ‘The Rapper’ returned, tossed me my wallet, and told me, “Forget about it.”

In those days, it wasn’t uncommon for the Cops to give a STUPID, WiseAss Punk a good TUNEUP,, and the Good Lord knows that I truly deserved one!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom