How to eradicate Grub worms from you yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do have a way to water but that would take alot of laudry detergent wouldn't it? How heavey would i need to apply it?
Oops! Sorry. Spread lightly till you can just see it. About a fourth of fertilizer rate. I have a larger area than you, and it really doesn't take that much. It really works.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always gone after the grubs to run the moles off. No food, no moles. The bags of Sevin (Seven) were cheapest at Atwoods. It does kill the grubs. Good luck!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I read this and it says to apply the nematodes and then keep the lawn wet for 3 days... I can't imagine trying to do that on 1.5 acres. I wonder if I can just treat the effected areas that I know have a heavy population of grubs and then they will reproduce and spread to other areas on their own?
I had no idea a Grub Worm was a june bug larve? I have some HUGE junebugs every year and lots of them...also have plenty of fat toads that hang around the lights and gorge on june bugs...lol. So if I introduce nematoeds then the toads will suffer a food chain interuption? LOL

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My solution is a herd of armadillers rooting up my yard hunting grubworms. :) Also gives me a reason to be out in the middle of the night with a light and shotgun trying to kill the armadillers! Fortunately my neighbor has been real successful in killing several this year.

Do you have 'dillers digging up your yard? If so - that is what they are after.

Good Luck!

Cedar Creek

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know until recently that grubs are the larvae version of June Bugs. I guess having a bunch flying around in the evening is a good sign on grub problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom