How to eradicate Grub worms from you yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me with the soap, guys. If you can find some that is not phos free, it's actually good for plants. Moles will move out of your yard also, because you take away their food source. Toads will just move to your garden.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me with the soap, guys. If you can find some that is not phos free, it's actually good for plants. Moles will move out of your yard also, because you take away their food source. Toads will just move to your garden.

How will I know if it worked (If I spread it thick enough)? Will the grubs just die underground or will they surface a die like with th Seven?
I do want to try this, I think I'll look at Sams for a 5 gal bucket of soap (not sure how far that will go though). An idea on how much I'll need for 1.5 acres would be great.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How will I know if it worked (If I spread it thick enough)? Will the grubs just die underground or will they surface a die like with th Seven?
I do want to try this, I think I'll look at Sams for a 5 gal bucket of soap (not sure how far that will go though). An idea on how much I'll need for 1.5 acres would be great.
Not much help I know, but I just do it by sight; a light covering on the ground, then water it in. Some will come up, but they usually won't last long with the birds around. It's been a couple of years since I did it, but the east side of my house is the small part of the yard that is a little over an acre and a half, and I used either 3 or four tubs that I had gotten at Sam's. As I've posted before, I've gotten cheap stuff from Dollar Store and Wal-Mart. Many people have tried this and controlled their mole problem.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if I just put a few gal jugs of soap (powder detergent) In my 60 gal sprayer and sprayed a nice thick application of soapy water?

Oh, and everything I read says to use these different methods in the fall, i assume the soap would be the same?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard if you get out there with a pile of empty tuna cans in the middle of the night, they'll come out to get the tuna and you can just scoop them up and dump them in the trash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom