How to eradicate Grub worms from you yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As to the sevin dust, get a cloth sack fill half way and shake it over the tomato's, it will keep all the critters off the tomato's and won't hurt them. Just make sure you wash them good after picking. Sevin dust, an white lime will work wonders on your yard killing every thing crawling, after you give it a light wetting. Its stops their ability to to take in oxegen, so they all suffocate.

P.S. make sure while handling Sevin you wear rubber gloves, you don't want alot of this soaking into your pores!!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I tried the detergent. Use about half a box on an area the size of my living room. I then turned the sprinkler on it for an hour or so and I can't tell anything happened, no grubs came up but maybe they died underground.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turn off the security lights and the June bugs won't lay their eggs in your yard.
June bugs can mate and lay eggs in the dark.
Seriously, though, I don't have a security light on my place, haven't for 20 years. About every three years, I'll have a grub infestation, and I'll treat with detergent. June bugs were around long before security lights, although lights do attract them.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if I pit the detergent on heavy enough. It looked like a pretty good covering but no grubs came to the surface. I don't know if I wasted my time or not, I suppose I could dig and see if they are dead or not. Also starting to see several sicada wasps borrowing.

Sara

New to the site!
Reaction score
I don't know if I pit the detergent on heavy enough. It looked like a pretty good covering but no grubs came to the surface. I don't know if I wasted my time or not, I suppose I could dig and see if they are dead or not. Also starting to see several sicada wasps borrowing.

Did the laundry soap ever work?

Latest posts

Top Bottom