How was your Black powder hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope yours was better than mine. I went out last sunday to Black Kettle and did not see a single deer. I know they probably spooked from the day before but between me and my friend and no sighting??? I went out there last year for rifle and there were plenty of deer to see and shoot, now I'm wondering if i want to go out there again for rifle.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That's a long drive for you it looks like, but I wouldn't scrap the next hunt, based on the results of the previous hunt just because you didn't see any. Rifle is still over two weeks away, a lot can happen out there between now and then. Did you black powder hunt it last year?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Alfalfa county, I saw nearly 20 deer per hunt and some really nice bucks, but I have a couple bucks on camera that I am holding out for. I did kill a big doe Sunday morning. I have been up three weekends in a row. So far, I have driven about 4000 miles and logged right at 75 hours in the stand, but if I connect with either of the bucks I am looking for, it will all be worth it. If nothing rips, breaks or tears, I am coming back this weekend.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw some deer Saturday night and then went again Tues night and didn't see anything. I think this full moon has them moving more at night.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could sum up the season so far in one word......terrible. I have gone morning or evening every day so far this season. I've only seen deer one day, and they were all really small. Too bad for the deer, I'm to stupid to give up. I'm in the stand at this very moment!

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In Alfalfa county, I saw nearly 20 deer per hunt and some really nice bucks, but I have a couple bucks on camera that I am holding out for. I did kill a big doe Sunday morning. I have been up three weekends in a row. So far, I have driven about 4000 miles and logged right at 75 hours in the stand, but if I connect with either of the bucks I am looking for, it will all be worth it. If nothing rips, breaks or tears, I am coming back this weekend.

You up N of the lake?

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine wasn't as good as last year. I did hunt a new place 1/2 the time I was out and part of my Saturday afternoon was spent cutting limbs and setting up a tree stand. Did see 7 does that evening but they were across the road from me about 1/4 away. Didn't see any opening morning at my buddy's place on Chilloco creek I normally hunt. Won't be going back this weekend so I hopefully they will be moving more by gun season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom