How was your Black powder hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will try to post a better picture of him tomorrow (while at work ha ha) but he really did have some trash. Probably some of the heaviest horns I ever killed. He weighed 162 and that was with everything out. I've been very blessed to have permission to hunt the property I hunt on. Hunted it for lots of years and took many good bucks. All it's ever cost me was me trying to be a good neighbor and I would have done that anyway.

i257.photobucket.com_albums_hh203_eberlerp_photo_3.png

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Looks like the deer in your area and mine share the same antler quirks. For years now, the left side antlers have incredible mass and trash in comparison to the right side. Makes for some awesome looking antlers, but it's deduction city for scores.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they do Okie4570. I killed one last year on the same property that looks like this bucks twin. Hardly ever do I take one that has a balanced rack.

Diggerman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last day was the charm! This guy has never been seen on our cameras until Sunday just after midnight.View attachment 24390 Every time a doe or two showed up to eat a little corn, he came plowing out of the darkness after them. He did this over several hours in the dark. Then, about 7:00 a.m., he decided to come back, only my oldest son was waiting. Right at #175 and reeking bad!:faint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom