How was your Black powder hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
congrats viking i like the trash on him.looks like he has a big body

I will try to post a better picture of him tomorrow (while at work ha ha) but he really did have some trash. Probably some of the heaviest horns I ever killed. He weighed 162 and that was with everything out. I've been very blessed to have permission to hunt the property I hunt on. Hunted it for lots of years and took many good bucks. All it's ever cost me was me trying to be a good neighbor and I would have done that anyway.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after hunting hard since Wednesda and seen quite a few deer but I finally connected on a 10 pt this morning. Right after I shot him, I heard him crash but i still went to where I shot him at and found no blood or hair. So I followed a trail in the direction I heard him crash, I found him about 50 yds from where i shot him. He dressed out at 155 lbs. I will get some pics up when i get to my computer.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well after hunting hard since Wednesda and seen quite a few deer but I finally connected on a 10 pt this morning. Right after I shot him, I heard him crash but i still went to where I shot him at and found no blood or hair. So I followed a trail in the direction I heard him crash, I found him about 50 yds from where i shot him. He dressed out at 155 lbs. I will get some pics up when i get to my computer.

congrats and looking foward to seeing pics

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

i1177.photobucket.com_albums_x353_SWRhodd_Sam.jpg

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
well my boys ended up with nothing never seen a buck my 15 yr old said he was going to have to find another guide lol,from nov 10th to 15th going to be my turn will be after them hard with the bow

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great bucks Viking, Retrieverman and SWRhodd! Way to get it done...those 3 bucks are all studs. Well after missing that 9 point Wed morning at 110 yds , I went back to range, the gun was shooting a little high, I bought the lube that Deer 24/7 told me about and then loaded dry and ran a lube patch after loading and Presto! problem solved, thanks for the great tip 24/7. I sat all day Saturday, dark to dark and saw 1 little 8 point and a few does, same deal yesterday, different stand, 2 little bucks in the morning, a big yote that busted me before I could shoot, about 15 hen turkeys in bow range but no bow, and 5 does and fawns last night. BP season over and no deer on the ground, although I had a bunch of opportunities on does, I just decided to wait. I echo what everyone else is saying, I found scrapes literally everywhere this weekend and they are getting hit hard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom